Author Topic: Nikon D6 formally announced by Nikon  (Read 11570 times)

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Nikon D6 formally announced by Nikon
« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2020, 20:12:17 »
Unfortunately, only one set of settings can be remembered by Recall shooting functions. You can assign it to multiple function buttons but they'll all remember the same settings. Fortunately this isn't the only function that one can program to a function button. :-)

I noticed an interesting feature in the technical guide. If D6 GPS logging is on and you are shooting with other cameras along with the D6, one can copy the location data from the D6 log to photos taken with other cameras (ones that don't have GPS) based on the time of capture (assuming that the clocks are synchronized). This sounds very useful.

MILLIREHM

• NG Supporter
  • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2020, 20:33:18 »
Unfortunately, only one set of settings can be remembered by Recall shooting functions. You can assign it to multiple function buttons but they'll all remember the same settings. Fortunately this isn't the only function that one can program to a function button. :-)
I have detected that already. It would be more advantageous if at least each of the four individual configurations could have different settings

I noticed an interesting feature in the technical guide. If D6 GPS logging is on and you are shooting with other cameras along with the D6, one can copy the location data from the D6 log to photos taken with other cameras (ones that don't have GPS) based on the time of capture (assuming that the clocks are synchronized). This sounds very useful.

So far I am no GPS- User, interesting though
Wolfgang Rehm

MILLIREHM

• NG Supporter
  • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2020, 20:45:29 »
Forget everything I wrote about the metering mode above
What I did not get was:
1st: The second page with options including AF and white balance
2nd: that i dont need to chose a full set of options  but just enable or disable those I want to be applied and may it be just one
hard to understand but missed that somehow
Wolfgang Rehm

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2020, 09:44:06 »
This isn't quite on-topic but I downloaded the latest DxO Photolab 4 and tested it's "DeepPRIME" raw conversion and noise reduction algorithm on some D6 images, and was pretty impressed. The software has come a long way from what limited features it offered in its early versions, to a more fully-featured editor. I think for getting the most out of very high-ISO images, this is a worthwhile option. I will post some comparisons with Nikon converter, ACR, and DxO later. I posted this on this thread simply because I felt D6 users might be inclined to shoot in ridiculously low light where also the best algorithms may be worthwhile.

Interesting how the camera industry seems to be on a decline in terms of volume but both the camera technology itself and editing software are both rapidly improving.

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #214 on: Today at 11:20:50 »
Today I got to test Glove mode for the touch screen as weather was near zero C, and to my astonishment it works with my leather gloves on. It would be nice to have gloves that are tight to the skin but the ones I have that are tight also spread some fibers so I don't like to use them for that reason, and leather gloves tend to have some "air space" which is great for warmth but not as much for precise control. But it seems to work surprisingly well.

MFloyd

• NG Member
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #215 on: Today at 12:00:58 »
Looking forward to see some pictures now.  :)
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν