Author Topic: Portraits of Camera gear.  (Read 75772 times)

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
Re: Portraits of Camera gear.
« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2016, 13:17:17 »
Great sunset silluet shot! Looks almost like a city skyline ;)
Erik Lund

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2016, 14:09:00 »
Close-up combo :

Sony Nex 5 comlite Nex/F adapter kenko 36mm close-up ring F/M39 adapter nikkor O 55mm f/1.2.

I have to say : I am not so good using this Nex 5 body...I definitely don't like its interface and so I can't use its possibilities optimally. ::). So difficult to find the function you need among the several menus.

But perfect for focus stacking thanks its shutter without vibrations.
Francis Devrainne

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #212 on: May 01, 2016, 14:26:28 »
I like Buddy's bonus shot with the vinatge radio as a background prop, although valve radios were already on the way out when the Nikon F first came along (1959).    Film cameras have now largely headed the same way as the valve radio. 

The radio probably has from 4 to 7 vacumn tubes in it.  I shudder to think how many gazillion transistors must be in every one of the many VLSI chips inside one of todays DLSRs.
Hugh Gunn

George B

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2016, 03:26:41 »
I have been spending most of my photography time exploring the world of adapted lenses.  Nikon rangefinder lenses in LTM/M39 mount with M mount adapter on my Fuji X-Pro2.  Shooting almost exclusively with the ACROS simulation in camera is a real joy with these old lenses.  I have added a couple to the group since this shot.

George

the solitaire

• NG Member
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2016, 13:00:35 »
Great sunset silluet shot! Looks almost like a city skyline ;)

Thank you Erik. With the Nikon F that was pretty much intended. Not quite sure why it would not work with the Nikon F3 with pretty much the same setup. Might have to give that one another try.

Nice to see you on here as well George. I also noticed John posts here on occasion.
Will take the 28mm f3,5 PC Nikkor with me today, but it will mostly be nature shots again. The PC Nikkor is a great landscape lens.

I'm green with envy over your collection of Rangefinder Nikkors btw. Would love to own the 13,5cm, 5cm and 3,5cm and a camera to use them with, which in my case would rather be a Nikon S2 then something digital.

I lost in an auction for a 9 blades 5cm lens just yesterday. The need for speed is one thing, and I use most of my lenses wide open most of th etime, but when stopping down a perfectly rounded aperture would sure be something sweet.
Buddy

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2016, 13:09:59 »
I have been spending most of my photography time exploring the world of adapted lenses.  Nikon rangefinder lenses in LTM/M39 mount with M mount adapter on my Fuji X-Pro2.  Shooting almost exclusively with the ACROS simulation in camera is a real joy with these old lenses.  I have added a couple to the group since this shot.
George

Hi George. Welcome abord. My brick and mortar camera dealer just let me have some minutes wioth the XPro2. She really feels soooo god in my hands. On very rare occasion that happens.

Congratulations to your new tool, and that camera is a tool, no toy. Great to hear she pairs well with adapted old glass.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

George B

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #216 on: May 02, 2016, 14:40:27 »
Thank you Frank for the welcome and good to see a familiar face here Buddy. 

Good luck on the next try for the 9 bladed 5cm.  You know how well I like them ;)  But I was not bidding on yours.  I am going to try M42 next on the XP2.  I have an inexpensive Super Takumar 28mm f3.5 SMC on the way to me this week.  Wider than that and I will probably have to go with native Fuji glass.  The wide angle adapted Nikkor do not perform very well.

George

Asle F

• NG Member
  • Hovet, Norway
    • Fjell og foto, my mountain and photo blog in Norwegian
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2016, 18:33:00 »
This portrait is of a unusual camera.

The Norwegian Institute for Nature Research (NINA) has some cameras that they can mount round the neck of wild reindeers. I was fortunated to be with them once they should bring home one of the cameras.

The reindeer with the camera was found in a herd that was going on a snow field. The neck band was released with a remote release transmitter. When the herd had left the snow field, it was just to look for the camera, and hope the reindeers hadn't stepped it too deeply into the snow.

Last is a picture of the camera, actually a big battery with a tiny camera and some more research stuff.

NINA has made a little video where they present the project: https://youtu.be/4ugfC2GL8Q8?list=PLFPXRxUJyJlCzoI-Npd4LTlrUy5QGO7Ru

There is no illusion, it just looks that way.

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2016, 18:55:02 »
WOW some amazing images!
Thanks!
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #219 on: May 04, 2016, 06:54:35 »
Thanks for showing us a unique camera, and for allowing us to follow along.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

RonVol

• NG Member
  • Fierce Koala Bear of the Great Southern Land
« Reply #220 on: May 04, 2016, 07:02:09 »
My favourite Nikon camera and my favourite original-Nikon case, the CB-2.

Thomas G

• NG Supporter
  • lumofisk
    • Iceland round trip 2016
« Reply #221 on: May 04, 2016, 07:16:51 »
[...]
NINA has made a little video where they present the project: https://youtu.be/4ugfC2GL8Q8?list=PLFPXRxUJyJlCzoI-Npd4LTlrUy5QGO7Ru
Very interesting, including the footage they have online. Thanks for showing.
-/-/-

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2016, 10:11:05 »
RonVol, don't tell me that it's not your favorite lens because I love it :)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Danulon

• NG Supporter
« Reply #223 on: May 05, 2016, 12:27:32 »
I'm not showing her this part of the conversation....

I've visited the site above, very useful information. I started an Excel spreadsheet but need to update it. Need to break it down by mount, F-Mount, LTM, Contax RF, S-Mount, Retina mount, etc.

df_Xenon_50_f19 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Retina lenses work on the F-Mount via the Deckel adapters, this 50/1.9 Xenon is a classic 1-2-2-1 double-Gauss.

Gunston Hall, Halloween by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Classic 50s German rendering.

Just read your message.
I also have some kodak retinareflex glass here (for the Retinareflex III).
Where to find this adapter? And does it only properly work on a DF or on other FX cameras like the D700 or D750, too?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Günther
Guenther Something

the solitaire

• NG Member
« Reply #224 on: May 05, 2016, 13:01:50 »
Günther, going by the picture posted of the Df with adapter it will work on all Nikon F mount cameras. The skirt where on a Nikkor lens the apurture ring resides is short enough notto interfere with the Ai indexing tab on the camera mount
Buddy