Author Topic: Portraits of Camera gear.  (Read 75889 times)

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
Re: Portraits of Camera gear.
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2016, 22:15:40 »

L1002342 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

That's a successful portrait : I love the very relax posture and color rendition. ;)
Francis Devrainne

null

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2016, 22:31:58 »
Rosko- thankyou, I'm lucky to have a Daughter that is relaxed around a camera. My wife came up with her name, "Nicole"- I'm convinced it was subliminal suggestion from having "NIKON" pointed at her during the pregnancy.

atpaula

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Aguinaldo de Paula Photography
« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2016, 01:29:56 »
Mongo thinks not so humble - indeed, very enviable. More importantly, it looks like an entire wall of lenses at
Map Cameras in Japan.......and that is really saying something !!  Also, nice to see they are loved and looked after and not stored in a car boot (sorry Bjorn   ;D)

I really love this stuff. :)
Thank you Mongo.
Aguinaldo
Nikon / Zeiss
www.aguinaldodepaula.com

atpaula

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2016, 01:33:35 »
I love my lenses - just expresses the feeling differently .... using a lens for its intended purpose is the higher form of affection.

Besides, I have a small car. So not space for everything anyway.

I did notice some very nice items in Atpaula's collection though. The 200-400/4 ED is very uncommon and sets high standards with regard to workmanship and performance alike. The 80-200/2.8 AIS is not equally scarce, but a true gem to behold and use. The 500/5 Reflex is one lens I regret having sold off in my younger and wilder days. Having AFS and MF versions of the 200/2 is laudable. And so on.

Believe it or not, I bought this 200-400mm f/4 four years ago, new in box, never used before, at a very reasonable price.
This, along the big fast AF-S (mainly the 200mm f/2), the Noct, the 80-200 f/2.8 Ais and the 8mm f/2.8 fisheye are the highlights for me.
Also the 15mm f/5.6, which looks like the venerable 13mm f/5.6 (two years ago I spent half an hour at Greys of Westminster staring a 13mm (30k sterling pounds)).
Aguinaldo
Nikon / Zeiss
www.aguinaldodepaula.com

atpaula

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2016, 01:42:37 »
I think that Aguinaldo has done many of us a great favour.

I said humble because of Richard's collection. Come on, 140 Nikon F bodies?
I have to say that I spend my money in things that I love, photography and travelling. Not much left in the bank account.
Maybe someday I can come here and regret for all this, but, who knows when I'll die.
Some friends of mine prefer to accumulate houses, apartments and large bank account. Not my case.
Lucky to have a wife that supports it, morally speaking. :)
I'm glad that you like to see it.
I love to see your collections too.
Aguinaldo
Nikon / Zeiss
www.aguinaldodepaula.com

Eddie Draaisma

• NG Member
« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2016, 08:29:22 »
I said humble because of Richard's collection. Come on, 140 Nikon F bodies?
I have to say that I spend my money in things that I love, photography and travelling. Not much left in the bank account.
Maybe someday I can come here and regret for all this, but, who knows when I'll die.
Some friends of mine prefer to accumulate houses, apartments and large bank account. Not my case.
Lucky to have a wife that supports it, morally speaking. :)
I'm glad that you like to see it.
I love to see your collections too.

No need to defend yourself Aguinaldo, again it is a very beautiful and desirable collection.
Bjørn already mentioned some of the highlight lenses (80-200/2.8 ais, 200-400/4 ais, 200/2 ais). Another small gem in your collection is the 6x magnifying DW-4 finder on the F3; all the beautiful lenses can still be used on digital, regretably no replacable finders on digital Nikons.
I also still have mine, once in a while take a look through it, agreed it mirrors the view but it places the OVF vs EVF discussion in a completely different perspective. Anyone interested should once have a look through it.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2016, 09:38:09 »
Aguinaldo, I could not help but to notice you also have a grey rear lens cap on your TC14E ;) I do it also, to easily and quickly see which TC is which,,,

The TC-E's came with the grey front caps (the ones that got stuck if mounted incorrectly  ::) )

Again, an amazing lens set!
Erik Lund

atpaula

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2016, 21:04:59 »
No need to defend yourself Aguinaldo, again it is a very beautiful and desirable collection.
Bjørn already mentioned some of the highlight lenses (80-200/2.8 ais, 200-400/4 ais, 200/2 ais). Another small gem in your collection is the 6x magnifying DW-4 finder on the F3; all the beautiful lenses can still be used on digital, regretably no replacable finders on digital Nikons.
I also still have mine, once in a while take a look through it, agreed it mirrors the view but it places the OVF vs EVF discussion in a completely different perspective. Anyone interested should once have a look through it.

Thank Eddie.
Not defending, just reminding someone to enjoy more and save less.
Learned it from my wife.
 ;)
Aguinaldo
Nikon / Zeiss
www.aguinaldodepaula.com

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2016, 21:27:02 »
Lenses are like stock, some you keep for a very long time, some you sell quickly, on some you loose money and with others you win some.

When I need cash I sell some unused glass and when money is more abundant I invest in new lenses again, by buying low I keep the depreciation under control.

Last few years were on the low and now we are on the up again :)
Cheers,
Jan Anne

atpaula

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2016, 21:30:26 »
Aguinaldo, I could not help but to notice you also have a grey rear lens cap on your TC14E ;) I do it also, to easily and quickly see which TC is which,,,

The TC-E's came with the grey front caps (the ones that got stuck if mounted incorrectly  ::) )

Again, an amazing lens set!

Thanks for the comment and tip Erik. I simply forgot about this TC incompatibility thing.
Luckly I don't use them much.

Aguinaldo
Nikon / Zeiss
www.aguinaldodepaula.com

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2016, 21:35:37 »
Aguinaldo, you have become my hero!
What a collection!!!!
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

atpaula

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2016, 21:48:07 »
Aguinaldo, you have become my hero!
What a collection!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Aguinaldo
Nikon / Zeiss
www.aguinaldodepaula.com

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2016, 22:04:38 »
Aguinaldo, impressive collection!  You don't have much earthquake in Brazil, right?  In Japan, a collector like you wouldn't store his lenses this way...

Of course, you are not just a collector.  You make many great images with these lenses, and do much more justice to the lenses than the normal collectors.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

atpaula

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2016, 23:16:06 »
Aguinaldo, impressive collection!  You don't have much earthquake in Brazil, right?  In Japan, a collector like you wouldn't store his lenses this way...

Of course, you are not just a collector.  You make many great images with these lenses, and do much more justice to the lenses than the normal collectors.

Thank you Akira.
In fact I became a collector because I love them and, as I said, I like to have many photographic possibilities regarding to lenses.
Thank God we don`t have earthquakes around here.
Aguinaldo
Nikon / Zeiss
www.aguinaldodepaula.com

Roland Vink

• NG Supporter
  • Nikon Nerd from New Zealand
    • Nikon Database
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2016, 00:43:42 »
D600 and the Nikkor 35/2 K  version.  I had an Ai sample but that flared enormously. This one performs much better including stars in the sun and without flare. Can also be due to the sample-diversification, I guess...
Seems strange since they have the same optics.

Early multicoated 35/2 lenses seem prone to separation. I have a Nikkor-O.C with separation around the edges between two middle elements, it shows as a silvery ring around the edge. Your picture shows a silvery reflection in the same place, might be a small amount of separation. I once had two K 35/2 (by chance with consecutive serial numbers), one with a bright colored reflection in the same place across the whole element, and another with semicircular reflection on one half. These extra glass-air surfaces can cause reflections that result in flare. Might explain the difference in flare?