Author Topic: [Theme] Pictures taken with vintage lenses  (Read 9944 times)

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: [Theme] Pictures taken with vintage lenses
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2021, 19:40:36 »
Not my oldest lens, but "newest" in terms of acquisition. The Nikkor-N 5cm f/1.1 dating from 1959 should definitively belong to the class of vintage lenses :)

Here I used it for shooting infrared with my modified PrimaLuce Z5. The lens was set to f/1.1 as I see no reason not to use its "speed" when it has it. Besides, the 5cm lens will start to hot-spot in IR from f/5.6.

Apologies if the picture already has been posted on NG.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2021, 22:40:17 »
The Voigtlander 50mm f/1.8 Color Ultron in M42 mount.  Produced in the seventies.

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2021, 13:50:42 »
Not my oldest lens, but "newest" in terms of acquisition. The Nikkor-N 5cm f/1.1 dating from 1959 should definitively belong to the class of vintage lenses :)

Here I used it for shooting infrared with my modified PrimaLuce Z5. The lens was set to f/1.1 as I see no reason not to use its "speed" when it has it. Besides, the 5cm lens will start to hot-spot in IR from f/5.6.

Apologies if the picture already has been posted on NG.

Nice shot! I have not seen this one, no reason for apologies. I was not aware of existence of the lens at all.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2021, 15:01:02 »
Tne rangefinder speed monster Nikkor-N 5cm f/1.1 was launched in its time to complement the capabilites of the Nikon SP and S3 presumably. The first version used the same internal mount and through-the-camera focussing as all the other 5cm lenses, however it was so heavy that this operation became less than smooth and in fact might damage the camera. Thus Nikon made a second version with external mount instead, whic is the one I now own.

The lens is quite elusive as the production numbers were small at the time and asking price nowadays is pretty steep.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2021, 15:16:42 »
Here it is: Nikkor-N 5cm f/1.1 on my PrimaLuce Z5. (the lens shade is not original). Its size and heft is comparable to the Noct 58mm f/1.2 which lurks in the background. Because the 5cm has external mount it is easily attached to the Z cameras through a standard RF(S)-Z adapter.

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2021, 03:04:33 »
Here it is: Nikkor-N 5cm f/1.1 on my PrimaLuce Z5. (the lens shade is not original). Its size and heft is comparable to the Noct 58mm f/1.2 which lurks in the background. Because the 5cm has external mount it is easily attached to the Z cameras through a standard RF(S)-Z adapter.

This looks so cool... almost like a cinema lens with lots of engraved digits and marks :)

Thanks for sharing.

Dogman

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2021, 15:04:42 »
Although it's not a vintage lens per se, the Voigtlander 40/1.4 Nokton Classic SC is very vintage in character.  It's Leica M mount used on a Fuji X-Pro2 with a TTArtisan adapter.  It's really made for B&W but it has a pretty decent color look as well.

"If it's more than a hundred feet from the car, it's not photogenic."--Edward Weston

My Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/197057338@N03/

Dogman

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2021, 19:49:47 »
50mm ƒ/1.4 Nikkor-S. 

"If it's more than a hundred feet from the car, it's not photogenic."--Edward Weston

My Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/197057338@N03/

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2021, 11:36:19 »
Some images of the gear. I apologize for the phone pics but it should give you a good idea:

1. photo sniper. The box is used but going strong
 2. Everything in neatly arranged and makes me feel like James Bond
 3. Mounted and ready. Here you can see the filter set (there are 5 but some are stubborn and will need some patience to unscrew), the 58mm f2 also part of the set and the Pisco m42-to-z adapter
  4.  Mounted on the Z6. It does not allow as is to add the gun-like grip
  5.  Detail of the charging trigger
  6.  Detail of the engraving and focusing wheel. The lens shade is screw-on rubber with metal end ring. I like it.

Once the m42-to-z adapter is added, the both 58 and 300mm lens can focus a little beyond infinity and of course, to closest distance. Then, the adapters helicoids acts as a built-in extension ring. Very useful.

Real old-school 007 set  8) Very nice images shot with it!
Erik Lund

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2021, 15:46:30 »
Thank you Lund, Erik Lund  8)

Kim Pilegaard

• "Nikea"
  • NG Supporter
  • Copenhagen
    • Profile at Nature Photographers in Denmark
Novoflex-Telyt 560mm f/6.8
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2021, 12:22:39 »
Here are some pictures of my Telyt-R 1:6.8/560 and pictures taken with it. The lens head is attached on a NOVOFLEX Follow Focus Grip PIGRIFF-D. This grip is the latest incarnation produced 1992-1999. The adapter for Nikon F-mount camera to the NOVOFLEX universal bayonet was amended with a chip from Birna by Erik Lund. The second picture shows the lens with the built-in lens hood extended.

The example photos are of a Eurasian Bullfinch.
Kim

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2021, 12:51:14 »
Love the results Kim

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2021, 13:14:16 »
Quite the setup looks impressive.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2021, 18:15:32 »
Kim that is indeed a nice setup;) would love to see it in a case  8) 
Also here super images!
Nice to hear your happy with the chipping!
Erik Lund

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Novoflex-Telyt 560mm f/6.8
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2021, 01:27:09 »
Here are some pictures of my Telyt-R 1:6.8/560 and pictures taken with it. The lens head is attached on a NOVOFLEX Follow Focus Grip PIGRIFF-D. This grip is the latest incarnation produced 1992-1999. The adapter for Nikon F-mount camera to the NOVOFLEX universal bayonet was amended with a chip from Birna by Erik Lund. The second picture shows the lens with the built-in lens hood extended.

The example photos are of a Eurasian Bullfinch.

Amazing shot, Kim!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira