Author Topic: Nikon NX studio  (Read 10425 times)

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
Re: Nikon NX studio
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2021, 22:01:31 »
Apparently, this is a bug corrected in version 1.1, all the more annoying because it was "random".
Airy Magnien

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Nikon NX studio
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2021, 09:29:38 »
I don't use cropping or straightening in NX Studio, but do use D-Lighting, Picture Control settings, white balance, tone curve and such things, and haven't noticed settings not being followed in exports to TIFF files. I recall in NX-D initially the straighten and crop tools didn't work properly so I haven't tried to use those in NX Studio. I just want Nikon's raw conversion algorithms and use Photoshop or LR to work on the finishing touches to the images (including cropping and straightening). Ironically / sadly, the crop tool in NX2 was one of the nicest in the industry. NX2 never included any empty area in the corners like Photoshop often does. PS can prevent corners being outside of the image when the first time crop/straighten is done, but if making further adjustments, it'll often slip and include white area outside the original image area. It's very annoying. What is wrong with the world when things that are implemented like crap replace things that worked fluidly and perfectly?

It's a good idea to report bugs to Nikon, they will usually correct the reported bugs in a future release of the software.