Author Topic: Nikon D6 formally announced by Nikon  (Read 43875 times)

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Nikon D6 formally announced by Nikon
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2020, 16:53:52 »
The image at the bottom (dark part) is covered by a sort of dark fabric veil, all what you see, the ironwork of the balcony, for example, is behind this veil; is it may be that what are you referring to ? Because I rechecked the image (on which no NR was applied), and I have no grain.  ;)

The only thing my daughter noticed, is that I have to replace the flowers  :D

https://mfloyd.prodibi.com/a/o5qq8jq9079k879

Strange......I see noise in the dark blue areas.....also the dark blue boat. I checked with other images to see if my monitor was bad......but if it is only me that can see it then no problems :-)

MFloyd

• NG Member
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2020, 17:08:14 »
Strange......I see noise in the dark blue areas.....also the dark blue boat. I checked with other images to see if my monitor was bad......but if it is only me that can see it then no problems :-)

Nobody is putting your good faith in doubt.  ;) Maybe you have a sort of bionic eye / vision  ;D :o
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2020, 18:43:51 »

It seems the structure of the fabric is seen and may be mistaken for noise.

longzoom

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2020, 19:27:24 »
Nobody is putting your good faith in doubt.  ;) Maybe you have a sort of bionic eye / vision  ;D :o
    I see the same - some noise to bottom corners. Looks like after vignette correcting... Did you? Or auto?  LZ

MFloyd

• NG Member
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2020, 19:30:46 »
    I see the same - some noise to bottom corners. Looks like after vignette correcting... Did you? Or auto?  LZ

Yes. This is embedded in my correction profile.

Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

longzoom

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2020, 19:49:40 »
Yes. This is embedded in my correction profile.
    I've watched the image before removing.  No artificial noise at this time! Nice sensor, but, to my eyes, ISO 100 is not the best for this high-speed camera. One will be better at higher ISO, but it is just me, my own opinion, nothing else!  Thanks for posting, please, do continue!   LZ

MFloyd

• NG Member
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2020, 20:01:25 »
    I've watched the image before removing.  No artificial noise at this time! Nice sensor, but, to my eyes, ISO 100 is not the best for this high-speed camera. One will be better at higher ISO, but it is just me, my own opinion, nothing else!  Thanks for posting, please, do continue!   LZ

Thank you LZ. I was not so sure whether a second image would help the purpose; this one has more dynamic range (shadows, and sunny).

I do a re-post:

[/url]
_D600027.jpg
Nikon D6 - bis

In car racing photography, I’m very often on the two extremes of the ISO spectrum: during the day, and as most of my pictures are long exposures (around 1/100 s), I have to lower the ISO to its minimum, during the night, I maintain my long exposures (*) and go up to ISO 25’000.

(*) for speed blur purposes.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2020, 21:54:37 »
Just to illustrate what I see on my monitor regarding noise in the blue channel I watched the last image in 100% view and took a picture of my monitor using my Z50 + 50/1.8 S.
You do not see the same on your monitors?     ....or maybe you just look at the image at NikonGear and not in 100% view?

MFloyd

• NG Member
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2020, 22:23:17 »
Just to illustrate what I see on my monitor regarding noise in the blue channel I watched the last image in 100% view and took a picture of my monitor using my Z50 + 50/1.8 S.
You do not see the same on your monitors?     ....or maybe you just look at the image at NikonGear and not in 100% view?

Ok. But there you are at 300-400% enlargement, you can read the pixels. I don’t see really the purpose , or the point you want to prove.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2020, 22:39:15 »
Ok. But there you are at 300-400% enlargement, you can read the pixels. I don’t see really the purpose , or the point you want to prove.

The image is viewed in 100% on the monitor and yes.....when I take an image then it is enlarged a bit compared to 100% view.
I have never had a FX camera and D5, D6 is considered the "ISO monster" of what Nikon can deliver and I think it is state of the art what is possible today regarding noise performance for a FX sensor?
I am just a little bit disappointed by the performance and to me it looks like the camera has a fault?
I think your D5 images of car racing images on Flickr looks much cleaner on my monitor.
So it is more a concern.....than trying to prove something. 

longzoom

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2020, 23:03:00 »
  Yes, I did see this. It is clear evidence of color noise. So that's why I am staying - this machine is created for speed. Let us wait and see!  With all due respect, gentlemen!  LZ

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Member
  • Athens, Greece
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2020, 23:17:52 »
I notice the same before read the text, there is color noise in every dark area
Even in the dark clouds you may see it, check the row conversion
My monitor is an iPad
Very nice colors by the way!

MFloyd

• NG Member
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2020, 23:29:55 »
Ok guys. Thank you for the feedback. My intent was to drop some first pictures. New Lr release, new camera. I thought this would be plain vanilla. I noticed that all my pictures are underexposed by 1 to 1 ½ stops. Let me dig into this further before I revert. Have a good one.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2020, 23:56:04 »
There are some D6 sample images here that can be downloaded in original size.
They look very clean in the dark areas as you would expect from such a top line camera.
I guess it must be something with the processing of the image file that have caused the color noise or if you say it is underexposed and then if you try pull more out of the shadows it usually looks "noisy".

https://www.photographyblog.com/previews/nikon_d6_photos

MFloyd

• NG Member
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2020, 09:57:21 »
In the meantime, this will be my Saturday job  8)

Nikon D6 - Lens calibration

And for the zoom lenses, there are now two calibrations i.e. wide and tele ...
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν