Author Topic: Nikon Z6/7 mirrorless system  (Read 215987 times)

GraXXoR

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Nikon Z6/7 mirrorless system
« Reply #1365 on: May 12, 2021, 15:34:49 »
I have to tell you if I saw "Nikon Original Goods" with different size fonts, I would think it was a knock off! Is that normal Nikon labeling? (I'm not implying it is a knockoff, just commenting on poor Nikon quality of the packaging which is normally top notch)

I've seen this packaging in Japan... I think sometimes Japanese designers lack finesse with the Roman alphabet... Go to Nikon's main showroom (located in Ginza, Tokyo) and you'll sometimes see dodgy signage in English. Their recent black packaging has been a serious step down from their gold insignia look from the F mount days...
Even their Nikon 1 packaging was better than the new "slap it in a black box and no-one will notice" look.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #1366 on: May 25, 2021, 13:49:24 »
After having used the new Voice Memo on my Z6 cameras for a while, I'm pleased for the feature finally being available, and confused by the quirks in the implementation. Apparently there are some shooting configurations of the Z6 that do allow voice recording, however there is no indication that such recording is actually being made, and there is no 'sound' icon displayed on playback either. The only indication in-camera is that there now is a question which file to delete if you push the 'Delete' button. Very weird. I was troubled a lot with one of my Z6 bodies that simply refused to indicate 'voice memo' in operation. However, a memo *was' recorded.

Finally I turned on everything in Playback menu, plus a lot of other menu options elsewhere,  and now the audio recording is shown. Must be a glitch or a bug that the developers didn't caught. Is there anyone else noting this quirk?

A surprising aspect of the Voice Memo is that you can attach the audio to any NEF afterwards, this doesn't need to happen immediately after the picture has been taken. In fact, you can make Voice Memo for Z7 *and* D500 files if the card is inserted in the Z6 :) There is no opportunity to attach voice memo to movies though.

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Supporter
  • Athens, Greece
« Reply #1367 on: May 26, 2021, 15:08:13 »
Thank you for the info :)
I have no issues with my new to me Z6

By the way there is a new firmware update for Nikon DX 16-50 and there is a significant change in startup time and On from standby time faster than with the FTZ on z50-Z6 :)

longzoom

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #1368 on: June 11, 2021, 06:09:21 »
The Z7 + z24-70/4 at 70mm, f6.7. A crop.  LZ                                         2021-06-09 004 by 2021-06-09 004-2 by longzoom, on Flickr.flickr.com/photos/longzoom/]longzoom[/url], on Flickr