Author Topic: Nikon Z6/7 mirrorless system  (Read 316359 times)

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Nikon Z6/7 mirrorless system
« Reply #1305 on: June 26, 2020, 23:17:16 »
Z6 and 50mm 1.8 S. Small and incredible capabilities. I had a blast at the hairdresser while the missus was getting ready for work.

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #1306 on: June 29, 2020, 08:11:15 »
By the way Z50 in such a big lens is not a good idea you need something bigger to handle better

Since I am using the Z6, I had to change the the way I hold the combo :

# With any Nikon F lens above 60mm + FTZ adapter, I use to hold the lens rather than the body;
# With the range of light and tiny M/L39 lenses (Leica, Zeiss, voitglander, Leonon), I still hold the body.
 :)
Francis Devrainne

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #1307 on: June 29, 2020, 08:17:59 »
Z6 and 50mm 1.8 S. Small and incredible capabilities. I had a blast at the hairdresser while the missus was getting ready for work.
Lovely combination with colours and structures.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #1308 on: June 29, 2020, 11:41:31 »
Superb framing and capture of details in the hair and face! very bold wig  8) but goes well with the makeup  ;D Thanks for sharing
Erik Lund

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #1309 on: June 29, 2020, 15:12:03 »
Thank you, I'm very happy you like it. That's the lens fully open btw. I think...

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #1310 on: July 10, 2020, 16:36:15 »
I settled with the Gabale L-Bracket but also have the Smallrig when I want a larger rig  :P
Thanks Simone, both look like what I was looking for :)

Noticed that B&H ships to the EU for only $11 however and I needed a special RRS clamp which I couldn’t find overhere so ordered the RRS plate without the L as I don’t use it anyway.

So for roughly €80 incl shipping and tax I preferred the RRS plate over anything else and it works like a charm, the extended grip hugely improves the handling of the Z6 and there’s no flex whatsoever on a tripod like I used to have with the Chinese plates on the Sony’s.
Cheers,
Jan Anne

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #1311 on: July 13, 2020, 19:06:22 »
I forgot I was using the silent shutter and went out at night. Street lamps can give strong banding. Just a gentle reminder.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #1312 on: August 29, 2020, 15:22:11 »
So,,, I have joined the so called Mirrorless side - I just received a Z7 with FTZ and a I'm thrilled  8) I will definitely keep the D850 for action etc. A constant annoyance I have is the constant need for reading glasses when using my D850 for using the menu, settings and the rear display for image sharpness and details,,, The Z7 completely solves this since I can use the viewfinder,,, Maybe old news for most of you but new for me ;)

The second feature was the body build in VR, really nice feature that gives new life and functionality to all of my AFS lenses that simply not is available with build in lens VR, or I have chosen not to upgrade due to various reasons.

Looking forward to mastering focus peaking, getting the most out of the now, MF lenses AF-D and Ais  ;D

I also got a Wepoto GP-Z7 so even the little pinky finger has a nice grip - Highly recommended!

Nice detail IMHO is the that the door for the battery is located in the grip, makes access super easy and the follows the contour of the camera grip it even has a rubber finish.

Looking forward to sharing images with the camera!
Erik Lund

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #1313 on: August 29, 2020, 15:29:51 »
This took some time, but eventually you join us :)

By the way, my Z7 is strictly a studio camera. Running off the mains with an A/C adapter it delivers all the macro work I need with plenty to spare in terms of quality. So I'm really pleased with my Z7.

I try to learn to love my other Z bodies but they are a tough bunch to get in love with. Nothing wrong with the Z system as such, it's just me. I can easily love my Df, perhaps in time the Z6 as well.

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #1314 on: August 29, 2020, 15:39:14 »
Erik, it is not the “Dark side”, so welcome  :)
I like my Z6 very much, may even sell some of the other cameras :o

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #1315 on: August 29, 2020, 16:21:32 »
Welcome to the Z-club, Erik :)

A great camera, the Z7. Lots of advantages, as you already mention.  Also a bonus, charge the battery just with the USB cable.   ;)

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #1316 on: August 29, 2020, 16:49:49 »
...a few Z-lenses will be needed 8)

Eddie Draaisma

• NG Supporter
« Reply #1317 on: August 29, 2020, 20:23:06 »
Welcome to the club Erik. The excellent 24-70/2.8 Z would be a very good replacement for your old 24-70/2.8...  And an 50mm f/1.8 Z is mandatory  ;)

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #1318 on: August 29, 2020, 22:50:47 »
Welcome to de Z-side. That 28 1.4e on a Z body is outstanding. Enjoy!

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #1319 on: August 29, 2020, 23:24:40 »
Thank you! Very nice of you all  ;D 

Yes the resolution of the Z7 is outstanding! And yes I see that macro and copy work is a very good application for the Z7 - And A really perfect fit in tandem with the D850

Who knows, maybe I’ll add a Z6 at some point  :o 

I am aware that 24 MP on paper is not so much less than 45 MP - However for my preferences there is big enough difference to choose the Z7 over the Z6,,,

Since the AF-S 24-70 E f/2.8 is so fast in focusing, plenty good IQ and has VR I plan on keeping it since the balance is so nice on the D850 - So for me the Z version is not so high to replace it  ;) 8) 

However the 50mm f/1.8 Z seems like something I really should try since the f/1.2 is not yet available and the f/0.95 is,,, well overkill for my work.

The reviews and tests seems to make it a must have, yes.
Erik Lund