Author Topic: Cartierheide landscapes  (Read 19084 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Cartierheide landscapes
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 22:40:47 »
Hans, thank you for the bump!  I envy you for having such a pleasant place nearby.

I like the first one from 2017 and the very last one with the white birch I assume.

To my eyes, the images look a bit over-sharpened.  The images finely detailed from corner to corner are great, but I feel that the over-sharpened images may lack the sense of pleasant atmosphere which the place should offer.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 23:02:17 »
I've been enjoying this series.  One has to periodically get away from human-created shapes and forms. I like the processing choices on the recent ones best.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2020, 14:01:24 »
Thank you very much, Akira and Keith. Glad you like them.

To my eyes, the images look a bit over-sharpened.  The images finely detailed from corner to corner are great, but I feel that the over-sharpened images may lack the sense of pleasant atmosphere which the place should offer.

Thank you Akira for the feedback on this. Do you feel that for all images? Or just one? Which parts give the feeling of oversharpening? I am (try to be) very careful with sharpening and only apply a very moderate amount at output (i use capture one and there is also some input sharpening). I'm really interested, because i'd like to avoid that over-sharpened look.

Thank you!
Hans Cremers

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 19:24:49 »
Thank you very much, Akira and Keith. Glad you like them.

Thank you Akira for the feedback on this. Do you feel that for all images? Or just one? Which parts give the feeling of oversharpening? I am (try to be) very careful with sharpening and only apply a very moderate amount at output (i use capture one and there is also some input sharpening). I'm really interested, because i'd like to avoid that over-sharpened look.

Thank you!

At least to my eyes, the fine details of the grasses and twigs look in general a bit too sharp.  But that might be because the high-res image files from D810 is dramatically resized in order to post here.

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2020, 20:45:00 »
At least to my eyes, the fine details of the grasses and twigs look in general a bit too sharp.  But that might be because the high-res image files from D810 is dramatically resized in order to post here.

Thank you for that feedback, Akira. I appreciate that. I'll be extra careful and check those fine details from now on.
Hans Cremers

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2020, 21:45:01 »
Well, with some recent feedback in mind, i went back some time ago for a sunset. Shot some single shot images and some single and multi-row panos.

1. Cow highway, path regularly taken by the herd of cow roaming here. This should actually be under water (not deep, but anyway).
2. Ah, there they are, but now on the other side of the water. They were very apprehensive of me, as i had left the foot path.
3. Sun almost set.
4. Big vista with wispy cloud, gives quite a good view of how much larger the little lake should have been. Everything should be under water, as would i. 17 image pano.
5. Same wispy cloud, some moments later, from slightly different vantage point. 3 image, bracketed pano (9 images total).

I hope you like these.
Hans Cremers

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2020, 00:05:40 »
More good stuff, Hans.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2020, 01:46:06 »
Hans, well worth the trip.  Thanks.
Hugh Gunn

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2020, 07:48:06 »
Were these made in South Africa?
You don't need to travel!
Hans, Hans, Hans!
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2020, 08:03:36 »
Yes, beauties, Hans!

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2020, 12:04:36 »
Thanks ever so much, Keith, Hugh, Jakov and John. I much appreciate you guys stopping by and leaving a comment. Such positive comments at that. I'm blushing.

Were these made in South Africa?
You don't need to travel!
Hans, Hans, Hans!

Africa because of the dangerous "wild" cow, Jakov?  ;D ;D

It was sort of "dangerous", since i was only wearing hiking shoes and i was precariously standing on a grass pol to not sink in the wet bottom beyond my ankles  :D
Hans Cremers

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2020, 16:30:41 »
Well ... went back to my beloved Cartierheide. Much because i saw John Geerts post some lovely heather shots from Regteheide. I wanted to see whether the heather was blooming here as well. Even though the name heide suggests there is lots of heather (because it means heather), not so much to be found. Probably the dry times last year didn't help that.

Anyway, managed to find some 'new' shots. Also the sunset was kinda nice.

Hans Cremers

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2020, 19:16:20 »
+1

I like especially the 3rd one with the white grass
Ditto!!
Erik Lund

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Supporter
  • Athens, Greece
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2020, 22:27:04 »
Nice set!

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2020, 03:03:29 »
Well, with some recent feedback in mind, i went back some time ago for a sunset. Shot some single shot images and some single and multi-row panos.

1. Cow highway, path regularly taken by the herd of cow roaming here. This should actually be under water (not deep, but anyway).
2. Ah, there they are, but now on the other side of the water. They were very apprehensive of me, as i had left the foot path.
3. Sun almost set.
4. Big vista with wispy cloud, gives quite a good view of how much larger the little lake should have been. Everything should be under water, as would i. 17 image pano.
5. Same wispy cloud, some moments later, from slightly different vantage point. 3 image, bracketed pano (9 images total).

I hope you like these.

Very nice set again!  I particularly like #3, 4 and 5.