Author Topic: Cartierheide landscapes  (Read 745 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Cartierheide landscapes
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 22:40:47 »
Hans, thank you for the bump!  I envy you for having such a pleasant place nearby.

I like the first one from 2017 and the very last one with the white birch I assume.

To my eyes, the images look a bit over-sharpened.  The images finely detailed from corner to corner are great, but I feel that the over-sharpened images may lack the sense of pleasant atmosphere which the place should offer.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 23:02:17 »
I've been enjoying this series.  One has to periodically get away from human-created shapes and forms. I like the processing choices on the recent ones best.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2020, 14:01:24 »
Thank you very much, Akira and Keith. Glad you like them.

To my eyes, the images look a bit over-sharpened.  The images finely detailed from corner to corner are great, but I feel that the over-sharpened images may lack the sense of pleasant atmosphere which the place should offer.

Thank you Akira for the feedback on this. Do you feel that for all images? Or just one? Which parts give the feeling of oversharpening? I am (try to be) very careful with sharpening and only apply a very moderate amount at output (i use capture one and there is also some input sharpening). I'm really interested, because i'd like to avoid that over-sharpened look.

Thank you!
Hans Cremers

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 19:24:49 »
Thank you very much, Akira and Keith. Glad you like them.

Thank you Akira for the feedback on this. Do you feel that for all images? Or just one? Which parts give the feeling of oversharpening? I am (try to be) very careful with sharpening and only apply a very moderate amount at output (i use capture one and there is also some input sharpening). I'm really interested, because i'd like to avoid that over-sharpened look.

Thank you!

At least to my eyes, the fine details of the grasses and twigs look in general a bit too sharp.  But that might be because the high-res image files from D810 is dramatically resized in order to post here.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2020, 20:45:00 »
At least to my eyes, the fine details of the grasses and twigs look in general a bit too sharp.  But that might be because the high-res image files from D810 is dramatically resized in order to post here.

Thank you for that feedback, Akira. I appreciate that. I'll be extra careful and check those fine details from now on.
Hans Cremers