Author Topic: PC 19mm f/4 E ED  (Read 110393 times)

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
Re: PC 19mm f/4 E ED
« Reply #165 on: December 19, 2016, 17:06:04 »
So I have received my lens :) Almost to date at the darkest day of the year,,, So far I'm happy with the look and feel of the Architecture Eye :)

First surprise was the very familiar look of the front bayonet mount and sure enough it's a perfect match to the Beast 28-70mm AFS 2.8 and yes the Lens hood HB-19 slides right on :)

It will just need a tiny trimming to lock at the right point since the original lens cap LC-K101 has a small locking hatch.

I'll trim it to suit my most used shift & tilt requirements - by the looks of things it will be able to give a lot more protection than the bare glass front Eye,,,

Another possibility is to use a Lee Filter Wide Angle Bellows Lens Hood mounted on the HB-19,,, A little more old school look :)
Erik Lund

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2016, 18:03:42 »
Erik The Problem Solver strikes again :D

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2016, 18:50:39 »
So I have received my lens :) Almost to date at the darkest day of the year,,, So far I'm happy with the look and feel of the Architecture Eye :)

First surprise was the very familiar look of the front bayonet mount and sure enough it's a perfect match to the Beast 28-70mm AFS 2.8 and yes the Lens hood HB-19 slides right on :)

It will just need a tiny trimming to lock at the right point since the original lens cap LC-K101 has a small locking hatch.

I'll trim it to suit my most used shift & tilt requirements - by the looks of things it will be able to give a lot more protection than the bare glass front Eye,,,

Another possibility is to use a Lee Filter Wide Angle Bellows Lens Hood mounted on the HB-19,,, A little more old school look :)

Eric, I am lost. How does this relate to the 19mm PC-E. What am I missing?
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #168 on: December 19, 2016, 19:06:11 »
Erik is discussing options for a lens hood or similar for his 19 mm f/4 PC-E Nikkor. Quite to the point I'd say.

This is highly interesting if the measure(s) can make the 19/4 more field-worthy or able to withstand more inclement weather.

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #169 on: December 19, 2016, 19:37:36 »
......more field-worthy or able to withstand more inclement weather.

these words from you mean you take it on your 1AW under water ?  :o
Thomas Stellwag

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #170 on: December 19, 2016, 19:38:46 »
Erik is discussing options for a lens hood or similar for his 19 mm f/4 PC-E Nikkor. Quite to the point I'd say.

This is highly interesting if the measure(s) can make the 19/4 more field-worthy or able to withstand more inclement weather.

Now I understand. Thanks. Yes, the bulb sticks right out there in the world. It is beautiful indeed.

MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #171 on: December 19, 2016, 19:46:07 »
A bit of trimming, with some measuring and the old warhorse Nikkor 14mm as inspiration, since the field of view is similar fully shifted in all directions.

PC Nikkor 19mm 4E ED by Erik Gunst Lund, on Flickr

Gives some protection when handling the lens, works without vignetting as far as tested indoors with full shift & tilt, anyway you get the point as Bjørn stated ;)

PC Nikkor 19mm 4E ED by Erik Gunst Lund, on Flickr
Erik Lund

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2016, 19:49:13 »
I would prefer the icicles to be vertical and the cabin to stand straight. Yes, I get it that post-processing can fix such things with some loss of angle of view but the whole idea of perspective correction lenses is that you avoid having to make such compromises.

I agree completely still the photograph is a beautiful one. I agree with everything it that post.

Dave
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

bobfriedman

• NG Supporter
  • Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2016, 19:51:01 »
the hood...

i want one!.. unfortunately, my trimming job would not in any way appear as nice as that.
Robert L Friedman, Massachusetts, USA
www.pbase.com/bobfriedman

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2016, 19:52:04 »
A bit of trimming, with the old warhorse Nikkor 14mm as inspiration, since the field of view is similar fully shifted in all directions.

Very nice!

Dave
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2016, 19:55:27 »
Thanks!

I hope you noticed HB-19,,,  ;D
Erik Lund

PedroS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2016, 19:56:44 »
Thanks!

Hi Erik, I want one, make your price  8)

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2016, 20:02:12 »
these words from you mean you take it on your 1AW under water ?  :o

Am afraid the 19 is not sufficiently water tight :D

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2016, 20:36:41 »
Erick: Great job! No vignetting?

bobfriedman

• NG Supporter
  • Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2016, 20:46:46 »
Thanks!

i did... and they are only 20 USD on eBay... but i could never cut them like that
Robert L Friedman, Massachusetts, USA
www.pbase.com/bobfriedman