Author Topic: [Portfolio] Old Stuff  (Read 85716 times)

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
Re: Old Stuff
« Reply #375 on: September 05, 2015, 20:16:23 »
Can you please edit your last post and remove the "maybe"?

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #376 on: September 05, 2015, 20:24:52 »
Can you please edit your last post and remove the "maybe"?

Maybe.   ;D
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #377 on: September 07, 2015, 09:53:16 »
Damned ! There I go at the hospital for some plumbing problems in my head and when I return my favorite thread is closed... I hope you'll open some new ones :-)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #378 on: September 07, 2015, 17:03:19 »
Damned ! There I go at the hospital for some plumbing problems in my head and when I return my favorite thread is closed... I hope you'll open some new ones :-)

Firstly, I hope your plumbing is fixed.

Secondly, sorry but I ran out of photos. Every image in that gallery has been posted. Mais pour mon cousin Francais ... J'ai quelques vieilles photos de rue je sais que vous apprecierez.

G
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #379 on: September 07, 2015, 20:48:06 »
Or you can shoot many more and label them as old.
If needed can translate in French.

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #380 on: September 07, 2015, 23:15:57 »
I came late to the party!
How did I manage to miss this post...
On the plus side, like watching Game of Thrones waaay after the season is finished, one does not have to wait until the next episode.
I just indulged in reading and looking at a photographic bonanza. :-)

Thanks for sharing, you definitely have already lived a life worth remembering. What's next?
Simone Tomasi

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #381 on: September 07, 2015, 23:21:34 »
Simone:

I feel Gary's current work is as good as the "Old Stuff", it is transformed and condensed and his own.

Look at the Swimming Set for example. Adorable.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #382 on: September 07, 2015, 23:49:38 »

Firstly, I hope your plumbing is fixed.

Secondly, sorry but I ran out of photos. Every image in that gallery has been posted. Mais pour mon cousin Francais ... J'ai quelques vieilles photos de rue je sais que vous apprecierez.

G

Ha... It seems I've been repairing it myself through the last six months with tremendous headaches ! In the meantime I've boarded four flights, walked through Istanbul, and dwelled in the underground cities of Cappadocia... Should have died at least several times !
Still, I must take it easy for a while !

Drat, I can't remember how to write as in the "Pépé ze Pew" cartoon character :-) But I'm quite sure those street pictures would be a great "délice" :-)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #383 on: September 08, 2015, 00:45:47 »
@Jaques: I feel we share the love of Asian food. Let's make a project from that.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #384 on: September 08, 2015, 07:15:50 »
#67 - My first thoughts looking at this one is that - this girl must look back at that photo and wonder where the years had gone  -
nice capture
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #385 on: September 09, 2015, 15:52:16 »
Or you can shoot many more and label them as old.
If needed can translate in French.

LOL ... hit a couple of iPhone filters and add some film borders and Viola!  (Je ne pense pas que mon francais etait que la mauvaise ... Je veux dire pour un Americain. lol)

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #386 on: September 09, 2015, 15:54:57 »
I came late to the party!
How did I manage to miss this post...
On the plus side, like watching Game of Thrones waaay after the season is finished, one does not have to wait until the next episode.
I just indulged in reading and looking at a photographic bonanza. :-)

Thanks for sharing, you definitely have already lived a life worth remembering. What's next?

There is a Chinese proverb. You experience a good life twice. One when it happens and again when you're an old fart and you remember.

What's next ... "Street", from the 1970's.

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #387 on: September 09, 2015, 15:58:51 »
#67 - My first thoughts looking at this one is that - this girl must look back at that photo and wonder where the years had gone  -
nice capture

Kelly was such a truly nice person, down to her bones. She was as cute inside as she was outside. Unfortunately for me, we've went our separate ways. And yes, where have all the years gone ...

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #388 on: September 09, 2015, 16:06:40 »
Gary, what an awesome way to introduce yourself and your work to the NG community.

Thank you for sharing these amazing images and the intriguing stories behind them as well as making NG an even better place to hang around in :)
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #389 on: September 09, 2015, 16:24:50 »
Gary, what an awesome way to introduce yourself and your work to the NG community.

Thank you for sharing these amazing images and the intriguing stories behind them as well as making NG an even better place to hang around in :)

Thank you Jan Anne. Hopefully, one day we can all share our photos and stories in person.