Author Topic: !DAILY UPDATES! January. 366 days: your 2016 in photographs  (Read 151545 times)

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
Re: !DAILY UPDATES! 366 days: your 2016 in photographs
« Reply #225 on: January 15, 2016, 16:10:17 »
Gary, Seal Beach and Waki Sushi photos are beautiful.
Enchilada and sparkling wine look very tempting.  :D

LOL ... just some snaps of our dinner. Although tempted, we didn't eat at the sushi place ... I just like the Boss 302 Mustang convertible parked out front.  The driver and passenger were inside having dinner with Mom. 

The enchilada casserole paired nicely with the Roederer ... Mexican food and wine ... I love California, lol. Sparkling wines don't store well, I felt the need to start popping open some of my older stock before they start to un-sparkle.   
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #226 on: January 15, 2016, 16:27:41 »
Nice pic, and thanks for your explanation about the 'Makar Sankranti'.  Must be a joy with those temperatures  ;)

Well, here it's still grey, cold, rainy, and snow is expected...

Df   105/1.8

The tree strap photo captures your gray, cold, rainy with the expectation of snow ... Anirban's 84F is a summer temp here.  I miss the long daylight hours of summer.
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2016, 16:32:04 »
@ Frank- Shark or maybe a crocodile ... in any case keep your distance as it looks menacing. 

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2016, 16:51:18 »
@ Anirban- If you like kites ... I have the perfect kite spot ... maybe in the world, lol.  My kids and I would fly our kites at the Korean Bell in San Pedro (San Pedro is the Port of Los Angeles).  It is on top of a hill overlooking the port to the south, Catalina Island to the west and the cliffs of Palos Verdes Peninsula to the north. The mornings are calm but by noon the winds are always ... always blowing through. Perfect for kites all year long. I will take you there!

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2016, 17:12:55 »
@ Frank- Shark or maybe a crocodile ... in any case keep your distance as it looks menacing. 

yes. Everyday it looks different. But today it was near perfection.
I am a bit proud of the edit. Took me some time.

Hope to bring my kids to your place soon .... fly a kite ... cook ... shoot ... drink some wine ....
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2016, 18:21:51 »
yes. Everyday it looks different. But today it was near perfection.
I am a bit proud of the edit. Took me some time.

Hope to bring my kids to your place soon .... fly a kite ... cook ... shoot ... drink some wine ....

That would be grand if you came by.

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #231 on: January 15, 2016, 18:41:15 »
Nice pic, and thanks for your explanation about the 'Makar Sankranti'.  Must be a joy with those temperatures  ;)
Well, here it's still grey, cold, rainy, and snow is expected...
Df   105/1.8
Thanks John. It's a joy but only for a while; frankly I miss real winter and weather here is monotonous. I like drastic change between the seasons.
Your photos and other nordic photos I go through, when I miss winter.  :) Reply #221 is a nice rainy day shot.

@ Anirban- If you like kites ... I have the perfect kite spot ... maybe in the world, lol.  My kids and I would fly our kites at the Korean Bell in San Pedro (San Pedro is the Port of Los Angeles).  It is on top of a hill overlooking the port to the south, Catalina Island to the west and the cliffs of Palos Verdes Peninsula to the north. The mornings are calm but by noon the winds are always ... always blowing through. Perfect for kites all year long. I will take you there!
That indeed sounds like a perfect spot Gary.  :D I'm looking forward to see your kite photos. Btw, I just googled "Korean Bell in San Pedro", it's a beautiful place.

Anirban Halder

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #232 on: January 15, 2016, 18:52:31 »
Arniban: I'd love to try these sweets. I love  Chinese food ... not the European deviation ... the original ....
and I love dim sum preparations in sweet or hot or spicey with veggies or any meet ... chicken feet not so much
... some day we will meet!!!!
Sounds like we both appreciate good food, Frank. Coincidence - I just came back from dinner at a Chinese restaurant, Indian Chinese though. :)  Some day surely we will meet!

The enchilada casserole paired nicely with the Roederer ... Mexican food and wine ... I love California, lol. Sparkling wines don't store well, I felt the need to start popping open some of my older stock before they start to un-sparkle.   
Gary, now I'm more keen on coming to LA.  :P
Anirban Halder

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #233 on: January 15, 2016, 19:04:33 »
Sparkling wines don't store well, I felt the need to start popping open some of my older stock before they start to un-sparkle.   

I recommend high pressure sparkles (methode teaditionelle or champagnoise) to be consumed within 24 months after "Degorgier"...

Low pressure (like a typical Italian) within 12 months

I might help if we are at it...

You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #234 on: January 15, 2016, 19:11:32 »
Sounds like we both appreciate good food, Frank. Coincidence - I just came back from dinner at a Chinese restaurant, Indian Chinese though. :)  Some day surely we will meet!

One thing I really want to do is to travel round China and try all food they offer. Why not eat snake or dog or cat?

I feel I could eat my way through India too.....

I general terms it is the quality of the cook that determines the quality of the food.
Second in line is the quality of the ingredients.
Best food is best ingredients prepared by the best cooks.

I strongly recommend "Chef's Table .... Netflix Original Series" .... the best cooks with the best ingredients
and some great photography too.

Peter Forsell

• NG Member
  • A Cunning Linguist
« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2016, 19:38:55 »
I'm glad my daughter still likes some oldskool board games in this era of ipads. The extreme perspective and keystoning give this shot a playful feeling that suits the subject matter, hence I decided against any "corrections."

D3S, 14mm, f/4, ISO 3200.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2016, 20:16:48 »
Thanks for your nice comments, Anirban and Gary. 

The 14mm gives a good overview, Peter !

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #237 on: January 15, 2016, 22:15:32 »
Noisy landscape. White noise in fact :)
Bruno Schröder

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #238 on: January 15, 2016, 22:34:09 »
Beautiful white noise, Bruno  :D   

It was not all rainy gray today, later I found in a cul-de-sac this rose. Nice color, despite the weather ;)

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2016, 04:04:40 »
This has been an exhausting day. Too exhausting to make dinner. So we went and got pizza.
iPhone image