Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 10592 times)

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Re: Greetings
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 19:32:28 »
In his user profile. He is not anonymous to the NG site.

I suggest we all welcome yet another member to NG. If a little eccentric, not more than we can accommodate.

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 19:57:49 »
Welcome, Mongo! Looking forward to see your photos.
Anirban Halder

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 20:42:19 »
Mongo thanks you all for the warm welcome.

Elsa, sorry to disappoint but as you can see, Mongo only ever exists in the third person - but what's in a person ?? Hopefully, it will not be an issue. We truly only speak through our photography anyway .

Mongo looks forward to the future on this site with you all

cheers

No disrespect meant - but disappointment isn't what comes to mind. I don't see the point of existing in the third person at all. I find it unnecessary and irritating. Sorry but that is how I feel. I didn't even do that when I was 12. I don't care if you want to be addressed as Mongo, although it would be really nice to have your real name displayed like the other members. Getting to know one another on some level, builds a community, I can't build a relationship with a "third person". But then again I am not that important anyway.
Of course there might be a valid reason for not revealing your real name - that part I could respect - absolutely  - ( I mean if you were the head indian chief at Canon or something)  :o
Why not just be Mongo and get on with being yourself? It would be really nice.
If the forums are all about photography - I don't get why it is so important to be the third...
We speak in words- as people who love photography. If we only spoke through images, there would be no need to comment on images. If that was the case - Bjørn could have activated the LIKE button  ;D (and I know he would just HATE that!)
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 14:48:48 »
One of the missing geniusses finally found his way here.

warmest welcome!!!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 20:04:33 »
Everyone has the option to make their Full Name visible only to Admins by entering it into the Full Name box in your profile and giving yourself another Display Name or Signature Name.

"Full Name seen only by Admins" is right up there in the header next to the Search box. We do not particularly like this, but you do have the option.

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 20:46:59 »
Again, Mongo is very grateful for the very warm welcome by most members and some familiar faces from other sites.

Mongo notes the unfortunate criticisms of the few but does not intend going over old ground on this issue. Mongo is sure that members are not on this site to read irrelevant banter between other members - they are here for the common unifying element of love of photography. Mongo would have thought it helpful if comments and genuine criticisms relate to a member’s photography.

Mongo chooses by far to concentrate on the overwhelming good wishes of most and get on with the business and enjoyment of photography.

Mongo sincerely hopes this unnecessary controversy is ended !         

Alaun

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 21:31:51 »
A further welcome!

Actually, I like your writing in the 3rd person as it often comes with some special humour, which would be impossible other wise.
Wer-      Dro-
      ner         ste

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 23:50:13 »
Mongo thanks you for your welcome Alaun and grateful for your comments

cheers

simsurace

• NG Member
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2015, 11:15:20 »
Mongo only ever exists in the third person - but what's in a person ??
That's hilarious! I find the concept very endearing and welcome Mongo to this site.
Simone Carlo Surace
suracephoto.com

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 21:25:35 »
That's hilarious! I find the concept very endearing and welcome Mongo to this site.

thank you for your warm welcome and its heartening to see another who also has some understanding of how and why Mongo exists as he does.

cheers

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2015, 10:02:28 »
thank you for your warm welcome and its heartening to see another who also has some understanding of how and why Mongo exists as he does.

Count me in Mongo, we pick up our clothes and hair style to choose how we present ourselves to the world, so why not here, and I find it Adamesque or Pratchettian  that you are yourself only in the 3rd person :)
Bruno Schröder

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2015, 10:45:06 »
Count me in Mongo, we pick up our clothes and hair style to choose how we present ourselves to the world, so why not here, and I find it Adamesque or Pratchettian  that you are yourself only in the 3rd person :)

Mongo sends you his big thanks Bruno. However, Mongo is quite a primitive creature as you can see from his frank photo/avatar so , he must confess ignorance and admit he has never read any of the work of Pratchett but understands his style was comic and fairly imaginative ....Hmmmm ....sounds a lot like Mongo.  Also, Mongo has never been compared to architecture before but can see how he does designs himself (although there are not three of him to do it) , he can do that by being the third person........ ;D

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2015, 12:51:15 »
Welcome Mongo ;)

Thomas G

• NG Member
  • lumofisk
    • Iceland round trip 2016
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2015, 19:17:04 »
Sieht Er, Herr Mongo; wenn ich heucheln könnte, so würde ich höflich etwas vorspielen; aber ich kann nicht; es muß raus: Es ist in seiner Existenz doch ein Relikt einer vergangenen Zeit, sein Verlangen nach der pronominalen Anrede  des siebzehnten Jahrhunderts, Herr Mongo!

Very intriguing. He, Mongo, is welcome.
-/-/-

Almass

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2015, 19:39:06 »
LoL. This thread is hilarious. What do people care if the person like to call himself/herself Mango or Apple or Jackfruit.

What the f***. Call yourself Emperor of the Galaxy or Attila the Hun for all I care.

I am only interested in a very small segment of photography which is Beauty and Fashion which does not seem to be the flavor of this site anyway.
That is fine with me.

Mongo it is. That's pretty fine with me as well.

Shrugging my shoulders while chewing on my cigar.....I like Mangoes specially the Alphonso ones.

Mango....Man Go!