Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 10546 times)

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
Re: Greetings
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2015, 19:49:35 »

I am only interested in a very small segment of photography which is Beauty and Fashion which does not seem to be the flavor of this site anyway.

Maybe, but it is still really nice to have you here, like others, even the primitive ones...
The place would be so boring if you were all like me. Sorry, like him. Now I am lost.

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2015, 20:26:07 »
Also, Mongo has never been compared to architecture before but can see how he does designs himself (although there are not three of him to do it) , he can do that by being the third person........ ;D

Ah, that's funny, I didn't know Adamesque referred to architecture. I should have said Adamsian as I was thinking of Douglas Adams :) and you do a humorous connection with my approximate vocabulary design. Bravo Mongo :)
Bruno Schröder

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2015, 21:04:32 »
Welcome Mongo ;)

Mongo bids you thanks Mr Geert

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2015, 21:05:41 »
Sieht Er, Herr Mongo; wenn ich heucheln könnte, so würde ich höflich etwas vorspielen; aber ich kann nicht; es muß raus: Es ist in seiner Existenz doch ein Relikt einer vergangenen Zeit, sein Verlangen nach der pronominalen Anrede  des siebzehnten Jahrhunderts, Herr Mongo!

Very intriguing. He, Mongo, is welcome.

Thank you Thomas for such an inspiring welcome. Mongo’s German is not what it used to be but it is a wonderful variation in itself to everyone just speaking English. Perhaps a more gracious age is now a little bygone. You did pick the period that approximates Mongo’s age……… :o

Mongo ist nicht zu befürchten, er ist nur eine harmlose fröhliche Dummkopf

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2015, 21:07:58 »
LoL. This thread is hilarious. What do people care if the person like to call himself/herself Mango or Apple or Jackfruit.

What the f***. Call yourself Emperor of the Galaxy or Attila the Hun for all I care.

I am only interested in a very small segment of photography which is Beauty and Fashion which does not seem to be the flavor of this site anyway.
That is fine with me.

Mongo it is. That's pretty fine with me as well.

Shrugging my shoulders while chewing on my cigar.....I like Mangoes specially the Alphonso ones.

Mango....Man Go!

Almass - thank you for your welcome.

As Olivier has said, it is nice to have all onboard of varying persuasions.

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2015, 21:09:40 »
Ah, that's funny, I didn't know Adamesque referred to architecture. I should have said Adamsian as I was thinking of Douglas Adams :) and you do a humorous connection with my approximate vocabulary design. Bravo Mongo :)

ah …that Adams ! In his wildest imaginings he could not have conceived a Mongo creature in his galaxy/universe. Perhaps Mongo should have called himself “42” instead….….but a gentleman should Mongo never reveals his age.

John Cleese would have us all call ourselves "Bruce" to avoid confusion !

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2015, 21:41:36 »
It is not the first time, but I am still surprised when I am reminded that so many people in the old site are not aware of "here".

Back when I met him in the old NG/FZ I accepted Mongo calling himself such and using the third person without thinking much about it. After all most people do not go by their own names on most forums. Using the third person is to me a strange and interesting way of asserting one's own individuality and have nothing against it.
NG is the only places I know that makes an effort that real names are used, and I like it. Here Mongo insisting in his customs stands out more.
I am not bothered by it at all. I am now made more curious about his own real name and the reason why this is withheld, but am too respectful to ask.

I am just curious to know what would happen in the unlikely event of a meeting in the real world (unlikely I think mainly due to geography).

Anyway, I have liked your posts elsewhere and I am pleased to see you here.
Simone Tomasi

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2015, 22:13:42 »
ah …that Adams ! In his wildest imaginings he could not have conceived a Mongo creature in his galaxy/universe. Perhaps Mongo should have called himself “42” instead….….but a gentleman should Mongo never reveals his age.

John Cleese would have us all call ourselves "Bruce" to avoid confusion !

Mongo (err "Bruce" maybe?), welcome to the new NG site. I have always enjoyed your posts and images and your Italian flair and look forward to your future inputs.  How you label yourself is entirely your business.

Actually I am reminded of another of my interests, which is model aircraft and another Australian gentleman whose full name is Ivor Francis Stowe and who amassed what was probably Australia's biggest and finest collection of model aircraft engines .  He resides at a location called Doonside.

As a former school teacher he was concerned about people's inability to spell and shortened his name to just IvorF to make spelling easier for the growing hordes of the illiterate.

Read about IvorF here:  http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/03/30/1048962646286.html

:D

Hugh Gunn

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2015, 22:28:18 »
Thanks for your welcome Simone. Good to see you her too. Also, thank you for your considered approach and understanding.

What you have said about other sites’ rules is broadly true. However, Mongo does respect the rules of this site and its members and administrators. It is proper that all sites have their respective rules complied with. It was only after being assured that he was not breaking any rules of this site that he decided to stay. Provided the rules are respected, the rest is really up to personal likes and dislikes - and Mongo thinks he understands both.

Since you have asked the question more than politely and with genuine curiosity (which Mongo understands too well), Mongo thinks you should be given some answer. Initially, there were reasons for not wishing to identify himself . Later, the whole mystery, character and fun of who Mongo had developed into would be largely lost if Mongo was revealed or became someone else. Besides, by now, Mongo is a very real and whole creature that comes fully to life and automatically when he logs in to various sites. So, changing or wishing to change does not at all seem an option nor desirable. Mrs Mongo is not yet concerned that one day, Mongo may be lost in himself and not return to the real world.

Other sites like Mongo’s mystery and anonymity and actively preserve it. The few that have met him always make excuses that he was too fast or ate their cameras etc as to why they have no photographic evidence of his existence. Essentially, they like the game too.

At least 3 real people on this site have met Mongo and one he sees on a regular basis. Mongo is able to tell you that as a consequence of having done so, none has subsequently grown copious hair or developed excessive indiscriminate eating habits or more importantly, started to speak in the third person or call themselves Madonna, Pink, Prince or Cher or any other single name.

Mongo hopes this helps satisfy some of your curiosity

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2015, 22:30:21 »
Mongo (err "Bruce" maybe?), welcome to the new NG site. I have always enjoyed your posts and images and your Italian flair and look forward to your future inputs.  How you label yourself is entirely your business.

Actually I am reminded of another of my interests, which is model aircraft and another Australian gentleman whose full name is Ivor Francis Stowe and who amassed what was probably Australia's biggest and finest collection of model aircraft engines .  He resides at a location called Doonside.

As a former school teacher he was concerned about people's inability to spell and shortened his name to just IvorF to make spelling easier for the growing hordes of the illiterate.

Read about IvorF here:  http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/03/30/1048962646286.html

Mongo thanks you for your welcome Hugh and is pleased to see you here too.

:D

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2015, 22:44:56 »
Thanks for your welcome Simone. Good to see you her too. Also, thank you for your considered approach and understanding.

What you have said about other sites’ rules is broadly true. However, Mongo does respect the rules of this site and its members and administrators. It is proper that all sites have their respective rules complied with. It was only after being assured that he was not breaking any rules of this site that he decided to stay. Provided the rules are respected, the rest is really up to personal likes and dislikes - and Mongo thinks he understands both.

Since you have asked the question more than politely and with genuine curiosity (which Mongo understands too well), Mongo thinks you should be given some answer. Initially, there were reasons for not wishing to identify himself . Later, the whole mystery, character and fun of who Mongo had developed into would be largely lost if Mongo was revealed or became someone else. Besides, by now, Mongo is a very real and whole creature that comes fully to life and automatically when he logs in to various sites. So, changing or wishing to change does not at all seem an option nor desirable. Mrs Mongo is not yet concerned that one day, Mongo may be lost in himself and not return to the real world.

Other sites like Mongo’s mystery and anonymity and actively preserve it. The few that have met him always make excuses that he was too fast or ate their cameras etc as to why they have no photographic evidence of his existence. Essentially, they like the game too.

At least 3 real people on this site have met Mongo and one he sees on a regular basis. Mongo is able to tell you that as a consequence of having done so, none has subsequently grown copious hair or developed excessive indiscriminate eating habits or more importantly, started to speak in the third person or call themselves Madonna, Pink, Prince or Cher or any other single name.

Mongo hopes this helps satisfy some of your curiosity

Thank you for the explanation - more than expected but not too much to completely quench curiosity.
And now let's talk about photography :)
Simone Tomasi

Longhiker

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2015, 23:06:40 »
Ah, it's all coming together now. There was a disturbance in the force. Things did not seem right and I was missing something. After a very busy summer, I poked around today and found this.

Thank you Bjorn, and the rest of the crew, for putting this together.

It feels good to see all of you.
Bob Fanshier

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2015, 02:01:06 »
Ah, it's all coming together now. There was a disturbance in the force. Things did not seem right and I was missing something. After a very busy summer, I poked around today and found this.

Thank you Bjorn, and the rest of the crew, for putting this together.

It feels good to see all of you.

Hi, Longhiker, glad you found here and welcome!

Maybe it's better to start a new thread in this "Introduce Yourself" section rather than replying here (this is Mongo's thread) to let more people know of your arrival.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Thomas G

• NG Member
  • lumofisk
    • Iceland round trip 2016
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2015, 11:42:00 »
[...]
[...]
:o no no no - mentioning 'The Artist Formerly Known as Prince' will complicate things. You seam to develop a habit  8)

[hehe - 'preparing for a sequel, putting some some popcorn in the cooler, and a drink]
-/-/-

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2015, 21:00:46 »
[hehe - 'preparing for a sequel, putting some some popcorn in the cooler, and a drink]

hopefully not Thomas. Now its time to get on with the photography stuff

PS - you keep your popcorn in a cooler ....!!..???????