Author Topic: A new Scottish get-together in Spring 2022  (Read 25493 times)

ColinM

• NG Member
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
Re: A new Scottish get-together in Spring 2022
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2022, 20:45:58 »
.... certainly more than plenty of minds to create a spirited and adventurous meet-up :)

In addition to the alchemy you'll create just by meeting up, can I recommend you sample some Glendronach during your stay? I do like an occasional malt and my son bought me a trip round their distillery for a landmark birthday. Both the 18 and 21 y.o. worked for me  :P

I'm sure you each also have your favourites.
Meanwhile bon voyage and hope you all have a really special time together.

dgpno2

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2022, 14:15:20 »
I know everyone going to Glenelg will be all teched up with navigational aids etc, but here is some steam-age data, just in case.
All the best,
David

dgpno2

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2022, 09:51:26 »
The Aberdeen section of the attachment was repeated by mistake - sorry. I don't think there is any significant defference between the two versions - just delete the second one.

dgpno2

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2022, 14:53:33 »
Friday is not far away - have those who are planning to come through Killin got some idea of when you might get here? We are hoping that you will all be visiting us and we would hope to eat around 7.30pm. But of course the actual dinnertime will be governed by when you get here - late, early - we don't mind - just want to see you guys, is all.

It hurts that I can't be in Glenelg with you, but it's just not possible. Next time, I hope.
All the best,
Dave

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2022, 15:50:46 »
Just finished first attempt at packing :( carry-on might just scrape by within the designated limit of 15 kg .... For checked-in luggage there is no problem, though. It is Constitution Day here in Norway tomorrow so that day is off as far as trip packing and planning are concerned. We have to watch the Childrens' Parade and all other traditional activities of the day. No excuses are possible.

Despite my serious attempts at bringing just a 'small' gear setup, the Z9 adds weight. Oh well. That's the new take for my photographic existence, presumably.

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #155 on: May 16, 2022, 23:04:15 »
My gear will be :

# Z6 + 24-70mm f/4.5 S;
# AF-S 500mm f/5.6e PF ED on FTZ adapter;
# Leica APO-MACRO elmarit 100mm f/2.8 or Nikon micro 105mm f/4 AIPed by Erik and Birna.
# Zeiss ultron 50mm f/1.8 (if I get it delivered in time);
# Plus few another vintage lenses.
# Benro tripod (very sturdy Chinese Gitzo copy);
# normal accessories.
Can't wait... 8)

Francis.
Francis Devrainne

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2022, 00:10:53 »
I probably will scout the surroundings with the new Voigtländer 35mm f/1.2 on the Z fc. The main camera will be Z9 however, for which I'll bring a very traditional and well-tested line-up of 24/1.8, 50/1.8, 105/2.8 MC, and 300/4 PF. I decided to forego the small and nifty 23 & 56mm f/1.4 Viltrox lenses and wil let the bigger FX 24 & 50 do double duty on both houses.

There is also the tiny NEX-5NMonochrome with a couple of really old lenses for IR. And the medium-sized travel Sachtler. And sundry small items which add to the overall weight.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2022, 16:16:21 »
Friday is not far away - have those who are planning to come through Killin got some idea of when you might get here? We are hoping that you will all be visiting us and we would hope to eat around 7.30pm. But of course the actual dinnertime will be governed by when you get here - late, early - we don't mind - just want to see you guys, is all.

It hurts that I can't be in Glenelg with you, but it's just not possible. Next time, I hope.
All the best,
Dave

I will be in Edinburgh by 9 am your time. That is where I will wait for Birna to arrive, collect the car and go to Killin. I guess we will be in Killin in the early afternoon between 3 pm and 4 pm, depending on the arrival time of Birna's
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2022, 19:01:15 »
I post this message here to make sure Bruno and Hans will find it quicker although I posted to them personally.

Hello Hans !

Ready to go tomorrow morning.
A quick question : as Dave want to welcome us at his home, I am wondering about to join them at killin ?
In this case, I have to give a quick response to Dave as he need to know how many people will attend the dinner.
I am going to send this message to bruno as well and also to the forum to make sure you (Bruno+ you) get it.
Sorry, I should have done that earlier. ::)
See you soon,
Francis.
Francis Devrainne

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2022, 22:35:12 »
The forum PM software didn't want to cooperate with me earlier on, but i've replied to your PM

I post this message here to make sure Bruno and Hans will find it quicker although I posted to them personally.

Hello Hans !

Ready to go tomorrow morning.
A quick question : as Dave want to welcome us at his home, I am wondering about to join them at killin ?
In this case, I have to give a quick response to Dave as he need to know how many people will attend the dinner.
I am going to send this message to bruno as well and also to the forum to make sure you (Bruno+ you) get it.
Sorry, I should have done that earlier. ::)
See you soon,
Francis.
Hans Cremers

dgpno2

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2022, 09:56:31 »
Francis -  don't worry about the number eating with us  - I think we could adapt quite easily to any number between 4 and 8 - we couldn't all be at the same table ( max. 6) but we would all get some food!

We are looking forward to the evening with you all.

Dave 

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2022, 11:02:40 »
Francis -  don't worry about the number eating with us  - I think we could adapt quite easily to any number between 4 and 8 - we couldn't all be at the same table ( max. 6) but we would all get some food!

Dave, thanks for the advance welcome!

I will be traveling on Saturday, so if this dinner was planned for Friday (that's what i'd gathered), i will not join. If on Saturday, i'd enjoy meeting (and joining) very much, but i'm in the hands (and car) of Francis  ;)

But ... i've just checked in to my flight, so Scotland, here i come  ;D ;D ;D
Hans Cremers