Author Topic: October 2021  (Read 25001 times)

Gone

• NG Member
  • No longer wish to be ignored
Re: October 2021
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2021, 10:18:15 »
Even electric cars make tyre noise but maybe pedestrians should take more care and look both ways as we were taught at school (many years ago!).

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2021, 12:18:55 »
Agreed!

Even now, electric cars should have a beeper (like trucks when they enetr rear gear), when they approach a pedestrian. Not a loud one, better than honking and scaring the pedestrian. Not a huge investment for producers, most modern cars have a front radar anyway.

Ciao from Massimo

Even electric cars make tyre noise but maybe pedestrians should take more care and look both ways as we were taught at school (many years ago!).
Hugh Gunn

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2021, 13:21:54 »
Oktober 5

horses

ZFc , 16-50

mxbianco

• NG Supporter
  • A teddy bear from the Alps, rarely fierce
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2021, 13:37:47 »
Wildcat

Staring intensely from the relative safety of a barred window

Nikon Df, AFS-Nikkor 24-120mm f:4, manually focussed

Ciao from Massimo
Since evolution has given us TWO ears and ONE mouth, we are supposed (me included) to be doing more listening than talking.

mxbianco

• NG Supporter
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2021, 22:25:31 »
Max, are you going already?

Same cat, same location, this time a little more confident...

Ciao from Massimo
Since evolution has given us TWO ears and ONE mouth, we are supposed (me included) to be doing more listening than talking.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2021, 22:35:29 »
Hollands Diep close to Willemstad

Pano of 8

Z6 58G

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2021, 01:16:43 »

Ciao from Massimo

Wow Massimo, great two view of the feline ! I think I prefer the first as it leaves a lot of mystery on the cat's intentions :-)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Snoogly

• NG Supporter
  • Flipping the bird
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2021, 03:42:09 »
First walk around with the new Nikon Z 40mm f2.

My favourite funky factory zone in Tokyo (Kamata area).

Richard Hawking (not Richard Haw!), in Tokyo

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2021, 07:57:54 »
Even now, electric cars should have a beeper (like trucks when they enetr rear gear), when they approach a pedestrian. Not a loud one, better than honking and scaring the pedestrian. Not a huge investment for producers, most modern cars have a front radar anyway.

Ciao from Massimo
Agree they should have an optional noise maker device, but please no more beeps and other "tonal" sine wave noises. Make it a synthesized mechanical growl or buzz. The audio experts can create a noise that's audible but does not contribute to noise pollution. My local area is sometimes heavily contaminated with beeping [false] alarms, mostly from buildings and some cars/trucks.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

mxbianco

• NG Supporter
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2021, 08:26:10 »
Wow Massimo, great two view of the feline ! I think I prefer the first as it leaves a lot of mystery on the cat's intentions :-)

Thanks, Jacques!

I also like the frst shot better, because it was also harder to take, the iron bars crossing the scene distracted the AF, so I had to resort to MF.
Fortunately the cat was observing my actions and moving very little.

Ciao from Massimo

mxbianco

• NG Supporter
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2021, 08:31:40 »
Agree they should have an optional noise maker device, but please no more beeps and other "tonal" sine wave noises. Make it a synthesized mechanical growl or buzz. The audio experts can create a noise that's audible but does not contribute to noise pollution. My local area is sometimes heavily contaminated with beeping [false] alarms, mostly from buildings and some cars/trucks.

Agree, no beeps: same problem with my well kept bicycle (noiseless an furtive), when I approach a pedestrian I shift gears (forward and backwards = no gear change), and my Grip-Shift makes two clicks which are sufficient to get noticed by pedestrian.

Ciao from Massimo

Snoogly

• NG Supporter
  • Flipping the bird
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2021, 10:17:58 »
Here in Tokyo many road bicycles have a cow bell (bear bell) hanging on the saddle. But the cars … The silent mode nearly kills me on a daily basis.
Richard Hawking (not Richard Haw!), in Tokyo

Gone

• NG Member
  • No longer wish to be ignored
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2021, 11:35:16 »
Agree, no beeps: same problem with my well kept bicycle (noiseless an furtive), when I approach a pedestrian I shift gears (forward and backwards = no gear change), and my Grip-Shift makes two clicks which are sufficient to get noticed by pedestrian.

Ciao from Massimo

Why not just say "Good morning/afternoon/evening" with a smile - not only is it more polite than clicking at people, it brightens their day rather than having an encounter with a cyclist wanting them out of the way!

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2021, 15:25:22 »
Hybrid Car

Z6  58G

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2021, 15:26:19 »

Ciao from Massimo
A beauty Massimo !!