Author Topic: Z fc - the thread  (Read 30563 times)

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
Re: Z fc - the thread
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2021, 16:54:46 »
Kenneth, you might try a look below the insert of your camera bag. Been there, done that :)

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Supporter
  • Athens, Greece
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2021, 17:11:00 »
My last icon of my lost charger is somewhere in the car 8)
During summer vacation I usually prepare myself and doing this  I found the charger in one plastic bag containing car accessories in the warehouse   :P
It took me 3 months to live without the new one and 6 months to find the old

Don’t look where you think that might be , just look elsewhere!

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Supporter
  • Athens, Greece
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2021, 21:57:35 »
The Chinese company Viltrox recently has released several AF lenses in native Z mount. I got the AF 23mm f/1.4 STM ED IF (their designation, not mine) for the Z fc. This is a small, quite compact modern 11 elements in 10 groups design with ED and aspherical elements. Plus of course it has the electronics to allow the lens to communicate with the camera and conduct AF. It is made for the DX format.

Price was very reasonable and the lens shipped fast as well, apparently from a facility in the Netherlands. I got it this afternoon so just a few quick shots.The workmanship and build appear to be excellent and the lens itself delivered very sharp and contrasty images.
Hi Birna where did you get the lens from?
Thank you

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2021, 21:07:42 »
This is to let Nikon Z fc owners who might want a compact flash for the Z fc for family gatherings, parties, church, clubs, news letters or macro photography were the flash is used to freeze motion when a tripod can not be used. Here is the link...

https://nikongear.net/revival/index.php?topic=10189.0

I don't see any action at this topic. Maybe this is because few here are interested in flash. I think the thread may ultimately be of interest to Nikon Z fc owners or any Nikon DSLM (digital single lens mirrorless) camera that does not have a popup flash. Owners of recent DSLR(s) without a popup flash may be interested also.

Best,

Dave
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2021, 01:27:27 »
Hi Birna where did you get the lens from?
Thank you

Purchased on amazon.co.uk. It shipped very fast.

Kenneth Rich

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2021, 18:43:05 »
Well, I've joined the club, filled the bag, and the Zeiss Planar 2/45 looks like it ws designed for the little Z fc.  It works so well and looks so at home on the fc camera body that I took the G1 body to the local hospital  charity store and donated it. It is a neat, small lens, but it sure is heavy, in relation to the fc body.

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2021, 17:45:30 »
It was not the kit with the 28/2.8 SE version lens?
I am interested in how the 28/2.8 performs. It is nice compact lens (even that it is plastic).

I can see it is also made as a "non SE" version.
Is there any any advantage in getting the "SE" version?
When I look at the front element and compare the two versions it could look like that the "SE" version has better protection against "false light"?
At least the front looks a bit different and if the "SE" version is not as "mass produced" as the other the "SE" version may be a bit higher quality........?

Wally

• X-Man breaking bad
  • NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2021, 20:53:58 »
It was not the kit with the 28/2.8 SE version lens?
I am interested in how the 28/2.8 performs.

Did you look at Ricci's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4MGF2qO7DI ?
Includes an initial comparison to the 28mm/1.4E
Another Austrian Terminator in California

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2021, 21:19:41 »
It seems the 28/2.8 will be a good buy.
Must assume the "non-SE" version performs same as "SE" version.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2021, 14:26:15 »
I just received Viltrox 56mm f/1.4, the 'big' brother to the small 23mm f/1.4. According to the first test frames wih the Z fc, it is even better. Amazing performance given its moderate price. And it suits the Z fc like a glove. Perfect balance.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2021, 14:36:00 »
I just received Viltrox 56mm f/1.4, the 'big' brother to the small 23mm f/1.4. According to the first test frames wih the Z fc, it is even better. Amazing performance given its moderate price.

Did you order by rollei.de prices are low, Birna

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2021, 14:58:10 »
Amazon (UK) - shipped quickly.

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2021, 16:00:49 »
Birna, sometime I would love to hear your thoughts on the DX Zfc in comparison to its venerable FX Df predecessor, especially when they are just used as stills cameras (Zfc). 

It is clear from current and past postings that you have always liked the Df.  I appreciate that the short Z lens register enables adapted lenses to be easily tried out on the Zfc, but my interest in them is just as general stills cameras rather than as experimenters tools.

TIA.
Hugh Gunn

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2021, 16:27:21 »
On a general level they share a lot of similarities, amongst these a degree of endearment and the importance of being far from perfect. Meaning it is up to the photographer to wring whatever you want out of them. Both models love old and manual lenses. However, the Z fc probably is better suited to AF, at least in the manner I use the camera.

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2021, 16:30:59 »
Thanks for this.  I have the Df, but have held back on the Zfc (well so far that is).  ;D
Hugh Gunn