Gear Talk > What the Nerds Do

Dandelion chips on Z cameras?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Snoogly:
Thanks everyone, but now I’m just baffled. The chip works perfectly used with a D750, but does nothing on a Z6ii.

Maybe I should update the FTZ firmware again, to give it a kick up the ****?

Jan Anne:
You can try turning the lens a bit back and forth, some of my adapters have too much play and the CPU might loose contact when turned too far in one direction.

Birna Rørslett:
You also need to have the aperture set to the minimum. There is a tab that should be pressed in by the lens on the side of the FTZ. A loose fit prevents this from happening from time to time.

Snoogly:

--- Quote from: Jan Anne on July 04, 2021, 18:19:02 ---Hi, I’ve ordered it preprogrammed and preinstalled on a Pixco adapter from Andrey in his eBay store:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/283766314313?hash=item4211ca5549:g:UMQAAOSwXwBf7ztg

Very friendly and helpful guy, after some quick back and forths about my usage requirements he programmed the chipped adapter and uploaded a video of it working on a Canon camera before shipping. As the chip is on an adapter no additional work was needed for the 50/1.2 to make it work with the Z6.

Please be aware that I already had the €300 Fringer EF-NZ adapter for my CV125 in Canon EF mount so chipping the 50/1.2 this way only costed me €42 :)

--- End quote ---

Does the small difference between the Nikon and Canon flange distance have any effect, or is taken into account with the chipped adapter?

Hugh_3170:
Thanks Jan Anne - I was aware of the second adapter (Fringer).  It is good that it is accepting of the Dandelion chip.

--- Quote from: Jan Anne on July 04, 2021, 18:19:02 ---Hi, I’ve ordered it preprogrammed and preinstalled on a Pixco adapter from Andrey in his eBay store:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/283766314313?hash=item4211ca5549:g:UMQAAOSwXwBf7ztg

Very friendly and helpful guy, after some quick back and forths about my usage requirements he programmed the chipped adapter and uploaded a video of it working on a Canon camera before shipping. As the chip is on an adapter no additional work was needed for the 50/1.2 to make it work with the Z6.

Please be aware that I already had the €300 Fringer EF-NZ adapter for my CV125 in Canon EF mount so chipping the 50/1.2 this way only costed me €42 :)

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version