Gear Talk > What the Nerds Do

Dandelion chips on Z cameras?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Jan Anne:

--- Quote from: Snoogly on July 05, 2021, 01:30:47 ---Does the small difference between the Nikon and Canon flange distance have any effect, or is taken into account with the chipped adapter?

--- End quote ---
No side effects, people have been using these adapters for years with Nikon lenses on Canon bodies and infinity focus is retained.

Jan Anne:

--- Quote from: Hugh_3170 on July 05, 2021, 06:52:33 ---Thanks Jan Anne - I was aware of the second adapter (Fringer).  It is good that it is accepting of the Dandelion chip.

--- End quote ---
Definitely, as mentioned elsewhere its a 50/50 chance that electronic adapters work correctly with third party CPU’s but the Fringer works 100% correct with both the Voigtlander and Dandelion chips so it seems the perfect adapter for normalizing and chipping my exotic lenses but more on that later :)

Snoogly:

--- Quote from: Jan Anne on July 05, 2021, 10:05:21 ---No side effects, people have been using these adapters for years with Nikon lenses on Canon bodies and infinity focus is retained.

--- End quote ---

I was wondering about it being a Nikon lens on a Canon adapter on a Nikon body.

I really like this concept, even though an investment is involved.

Jan Anne:
Its a workaround for those hard to chip lenses like the 50/1.2 and 55/1.2 but as B mentions a properly chipped Nikkor is still the best route when possible for 100% functionality.

I'm just stoked that I have 95% of the chip functionality on the Z6 without grinding rear lens elements of my precious 50 after using it for 5 years with dumb non electronic adapters on my Sony A7S/R cameras.

Next lens will be the Canon FD 85/1.2 but have to wait a Canadian mount exchange kit to turn that into Canon EF mount before I can chip it, after that I can use it chipped on any mirrorless mount out there as electronic Canon EF adapters are available for all mirrorless mounts :)

Snoogly:
I like this concept as it is just a matter of attaching the Canon adapter to the lens, without the hassle of positioning the Nikon dandelion chip in exactly the right place. Also, the likely more rugged nature of the Canon chip. For me that is reason enough to use this method instead of the Nikon chip.

Do you mind my asking what the missing functionality is, compared to the Nikon chip?

Thanks a lot!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version