Author Topic: ZF-c rumours  (Read 5529 times)

MILLIREHM

• NG Supporter
  • Vienna, Austria
Re: ZF-c rumours
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2021, 23:45:34 »
Keep in mind that Nikon could not predict the financial future.
Yes there are unpredictable events like pandemics, earthquakes in Japan, Floods in Thailand. But Nikon did some not so good things without excuses like that
Wolfgang Rehm

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2021, 04:07:30 »
Sadly the fold up tab was omitted for the FM-2, FE-2, and the FM-3a.

The Nikon FM definitely has this feature - and due to systematic reasons I guess the FE has it too.
Hugh Gunn

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2021, 04:15:43 »
Oh  hell!

I guess we could always modify a spare FTZ with a non-Nkon lens mount.  NG member Reid Curry converted a Nikon D40X to a Pentax M42 mount a while ago.

(See Link: https://www.ultravioletphotography.com/content/index.php/topic/264-reed-curry-bio/page__hl__%2Bd40+%2Bm42__fromsearch__1 )

Nikon don't make things easy do they?  :(

Hi, the Zee cameras have a non-CPU lens menu but it only seems to work when using the FTZ adapter whereas on a Nikon DSLR it kicks in when no CPU is detected.
Hugh Gunn

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2021, 11:41:36 »
The large bayonet diameter is not needed for the DX format but is required for system compatibility.

Dave

Why is the large diameter required for system compatibility if you have a DX sensor?

You just need room, back focal distance, for an adapter. So the adapter go from the "new" Z DX-mount to the other Nikon mounts like Z and F

Realistic, not IMHO.
Erik Lund

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2021, 12:21:21 »
I just don't see using an adapter in normal photography situations. It is an extra point of vulnerability, and clumsy to use if you have multiple lenses.

Canon have a separate APS-C mount for mirrorless (M mount) but there is no adapter to use RF lenses on M or M lenses on RF.  Their two mirrorless mounts are separate worlds.

Paolo Navarrete

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2021, 18:28:10 »
:o :o :o :o :o

And the rewind knob?  Seems a little wierd.

built in crank charger... beats usb charging!

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2021, 19:36:31 »
Why is the large diameter required for system compatibility if you have a DX sensor?

I think I misread the your post above.  :-[  Anyway...

How would you mount the new MC 105/2.8 S lens on a DX-Z mount camera?  The DX-Z would have to have a shorter flange focal distance in order to use a FX-Z to DX-Z adapter. Nikon would have to make a complete series of new lenses for the new mount system. A complete new series of telephotos? A T-Mount like adapter for all Nikon Z type super telephotos? I would think two Z mounts would guaranty the failure of the new system.

With the F-Bayonet system you can mount an FX or DX lens on an FX or DX camera with no adapter. A person can own both FX and DX cameras and use the same lenses on either camera body.

The DX format was born from the necessity of smaller image sensor due to the cost of larger sensors. Does a DX sensor make sense anymore with an electronic view finder? The market will decide.

Camera makers are facing a smaller pool of potential customers for high end cameras. How many lens mount system can one maker support? How many can they market successfully.

Dave who is drinking his morning coffee and wondering if anything written above makes sense?
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2021, 06:23:03 »
A brilliant idea!   ;D  ;D  ;D

(This reminds me of the old joke about the mechanical engineering professor who was demonstrating a hand crank operated machine to his students who burst out laughing when he said "you will notice that this machine is operated by a crank" !   :o)

Hugh Gunn

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2021, 12:42:51 »

It's a mock-up, someone who does not work for Nikon made that drawing on a computer to fantasize about how the camera might look.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2021, 12:57:16 »
 :o :o :o
Erik Lund

Paolo Navarrete

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2021, 17:45:15 »
the crank on the left... if an adaptor with a larger handle could be mounted for easier turning then all you'd need would be a lens and a bunch of cards as power would not be a problem. perfect for long trips or places where electricity is not accessible.

what i'd really like to see and nobody else has done is reintroduce the film advance lever! if this was a dslr, instead of the mirror assembly running on motors and using power, the film advance lever could crank and recrank the mirror. on a mirrorless, it could be some other type of switch or toggle, another way to charge the battery, or the usual 'crank it per picture' feature to enhance the retro aesthetics.

RobOK

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • My gallery
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2021, 23:38:42 »
Wouldn't one potential audience for this to be to woo some of the Fuji crowd over from X-100 series (which is crop) to Nikon crop?

I have not looked into a Z50 yet, but would like a smaller size. A higher end DX would be nice (if they don't oddly cripple it)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2021, 02:05:13 »
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2021, 13:41:02 »
This looks much more desirable for an APS-C Z body.

https://nikonrumors.com/2021/05/03/nikon-z30-aps-c-mirrorless-camera-mockup.aspx/

I agree, this would seem pretty neat combined with the upcoming 28/2.8 and 40/2 compact prime lenses, the 50 mm macro as well as the 16-50 DX.

RobOK

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • My gallery
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2021, 14:25:55 »
This looks much more desirable for an APS-C Z body.

https://nikonrumors.com/2021/05/03/nikon-z30-aps-c-mirrorless-camera-mockup.aspx/

Would this be smaller than the D50? it looks like it but hard to tell scale...