Gear Talk > Other

Mac Yosemite Upgrade?

<< < (2/7) > >>

elsa hoffmann:
I am with Jakov - tired of upgrades stuffing up my other stuff

pluton:
I have a 2009 MBP and a 2012 MBP, both run fine on Yosemite as far as I can tell.  Photo Ninja, Adobe work fine, can't advise on NX2.
RE: the icons:  When I first was able to borrow the use of a Mac, I fantasized about how, when I had my own Mac, I'd change the stupid icons to ones that I thought were better.  Now, I realize what a colossal waste of time that'd be.
One look at Windows, and you're grateful that they're as good as they are.

Gary:

--- Quote from: Sash on August 04, 2015, 17:07:44 ---I am running Yosemite on a 2014 quad 2,5 GHz, 16 Gb RAM MacBook Pro - Capture One Pro and Affinity work very fast, no problems whatsoever.  New Photos app is seriously dumbed down and disappointing.

--- End quote ---

Opinion on Affinity?

elsa hoffmann:
It appears that pages on Yosemite is not backwards compatible - what the heck...

Jørgen Ramskov:
15" rMBP from late 2013, been running Yosemite since shortly after it was released. It had network issues but they have since fixed that (took them way too long to fix though). I use LR so I can't really comment on the software you're using. I would hate using Photo Ninja on a retina display as I believe it is still nok optimized for it?

The next release of OS X, El Capitan, is just around the corner, I don't have any experience with it but from what I understand it is not going to have a lot of new features, it's more of a stability release. That said, I don't think it's wise to upgrade to that right when it is released :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version