Gear Talk > Other

Mac Yosemite Upgrade?

(1/7) > >>

Andrea B.:
I am trundling along on my Macbook Pro (Retina) with OS 10.8.5 = Mountain Lion. This MacPro is two OS releases behind at this point.

So I really think it is time to upgrade to the latest Yosemite OS (I do not particularly like the look of the flat icons. But that is not a good reason not to upgrade.)

* Is there anyone running Yosemite on a MacBook who can comment on how well it is running and whether there are any significant bugs as yet unfixed?
* Does Capture NX2 run OK on Yosemite? (Yes, I am still sticking for a while with NX2.)
* How about Photo Ninja, Photo Mechanic, Iridient Developer?Thank you for any comments or pointers.

Anthony:
I am running Yosemite on a 2012 Macbook Air and on a Retina iMac.

Photo Mechanic and Photo Ninja work well on both.

I cannot comment on the other programs.

Jakov Minić:
Andrea, if your machines are running fine, no need for an upgrade.
That is a lesson I have learned when upgrading to Yosemite.
I couldn't mirror displays on my old iMAC any longer after I upgraded. So annoying...
Another thing that got wasted was the screensaver. Yosemite always pointed me back to the default setting of the National Geographic folder.
How did I mitigate the issues, in the first instance I am mirroring displays now from my Mac-book Pro, and I am suffering each day for not have a lovely screensaver slideshow of my favorite images.
Photo Ninja and ViewNX2 that I have work fine though.

Akira:
Andrea, CNX2 (ver. 2.4.7) can run only on OSX 10.7.5, 10.8.5 and 10.9.2, according to Nikon.

http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/sw/3.html

Sash:
I am running Yosemite on a 2014 quad 2,5 GHz, 16 Gb RAM MacBook Pro - Capture One Pro and Affinity work very fast, no problems whatsoever.  New Photos app is seriously dumbed down and disappointing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version