Gear Talk > Other

Mac Yosemite Upgrade?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Sash:

--- Quote from: Gary on August 05, 2015, 06:55:38 ---
--- Quote from: Sash on August 04, 2015, 17:07:44 ---I am running Yosemite on a 2014 quad 2,5 GHz, 16 Gb RAM MacBook Pro - Capture One Pro and Affinity work very fast, no problems whatsoever.  New Photos app is seriously dumbed down and disappointing.

--- End quote ---

Opinion on Affinity?

--- End quote ---

In my short and limited experience it is promising, but still needs some polishing. The interface is modern and easy to use. There is an abundance of tools that rivals Photoshop, I guess it does everything or almost everything PS can do, but some even commonly used tools that I have tried, such as highlights, shadows and micro contrast, do not work as well as Capture One.  On the other hand, there are some great tools like Inpainting that allow to easily remove objects. I did not try their RAW converter, as I am more than happy with C1. My first impression is that Affinity is targeted more at advanced enthusiasts who like to tinker with their images, rather than working professionals, unlike Capture One which is squarely aimed at pros. But my first impression could be wrong. I did not use Affinity seriously enough. For some light editing I much prefer C1, and it is more than enough for me in 99,9% of images. I try to avoid any heavy editing.
I will convert some FUJI image with both when I have time and post it here.
For the price they offer Affinity, it is an undisputed bargain.

Jørgen Ramskov:
I never heard of Affinity before but it looks pretty cool. I'm not a Photoshop user, which is what it seems to compete with so I don't think it is too relevant for me as a user of LR.

Erik Lund:
Running Yosemite since release no issues at all :)

Model Name:   MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier:   MacBookPro5,1
  Processor Name:   Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:   2,53 GHz
  Number of Processors:   1
  Total Number of Cores:   2
  L2 Cache:   6 MB
  Memory:   8 GB

Jan Anne:
I'm still running on 10.9.5, still supported by Apple with regular patch updates and none of the funky behaviour issues of the newer OSX versions.

What would be benefit of running on the newer OS btw?

stenrasmussen:

--- Quote from: Jan Anne on August 05, 2015, 21:34:01 ---What would be benefit of running on the newer OS btw?

--- End quote ---

Because it is the latest and coolest Jan Anne  ;D
Maybe it isn't, I don't know, but maybe...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version