Author Topic: Turn your nikon into a pro webcam utility cam - Full Version 1.0.1  (Read 252 times)

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
Nikon has launched full version software that turns your camera into a webcam utility.

https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/products/548/Webcam_Utility.html

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Turn your nikon into a pro webcam utility cam - Full Version 1.0.1
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 19:01:41 »
I used the beta version of this, and and ATEM video switcher. However, what worked most consistently was just a $20 HDMI converter. The other systems worked, but often web conferencing software would get confused and think the camera was in use in another app.

I'll try this out and see how it works. People love the quality of the image when I video conference with the Z6

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 22:23:02 »
Just hooked my Z6 up to a Win10 PC via a USB cable and had no issues with the WebCam utility. Well, not with that particular machine at least. The one box I had in mind for using the Z6 failed miserably however. Same hardware, same OS.

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 22:52:54 »
I already hooked my z50 with beta version and worked well in Teams, windows version
Today I also checked with D750 after updated to the new webcam utility and worked with no issues

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 10:11:07 »
Thx for the heads up Fons!
I have been running my Z7 as web cam for some time on the Beta version, only minor issues except Gotomeeting which refused to use work entirely  :o Teams and Zoom works just fine.
Minor issue that I don't understand is that the Z7 is not charging with the USB-C cable even when the camera is shut off, only charges with the Nikon AC Adapter EH-7P,,, Too little Amps maybe out of the HP ZBook?
Erik Lund