Author Topic: September 2020  (Read 23521 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: September 2020
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2020, 06:51:13 »
A simple portrait.

Z6, 135mm 2.8 ai-s

A beautiful portrait capturing a beautiful moment!

Many nice pictures in this thread.  Akira, I like your "onlooker" image!  Mine for today is our defocused cat, who claimed the warp that my wife was winding with colourful yarn.  135 f/2 DC, wide open and maximum rear defocus.  Cheers, John

Thank you, John!  The character of your DC lens is very effective in your image.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2020, 12:43:02 »
The Moon outside my house last night.
Z6 200-500 @500 f5.6

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2020, 16:27:23 »
September 11

Another fine contender in the S line-up, the 85mm f/1.8S

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2020, 00:21:38 »
The west coast of the US has been ravaged by a series of wildfires like I've never seen before. It continues without relent even today. I am hundreds of miles from the major fires, yet the air outside is rated hazardous.

Two days ago our natural weather pattern of a heavy cold marine layer (fog) in the mornings combined with the smoke drifting above to produce a dark and red light that looked like the surface of mars. This shot is from mid-day. It was cold and nearly as dark as night (cars needed their headlights)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2020, 02:39:25 »
The west coast of the US has been ravaged by a series of wildfires like I've never seen before. It continues without relent even today. I am hundreds of miles from the major fires, yet the air outside is rated hazardous.

Two days ago our natural weather pattern of a heavy cold marine layer (fog) in the mornings combined with the smoke drifting above to produce a dark and red light that looked like the surface of mars. This shot is from mid-day. It was cold and nearly as dark as night (cars needed their headlights)

jack, your image ensures what a friend of mine living in L.A. told me.  The hazardous air pollution could worsen the COVID situation that affects resperatory organs.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2020, 02:40:50 »
Here's my rather nonchalant cityscape from Shibuya, Tokyo.  The message on the cylindrical building in the center of the image says: isn't it ok just to have a dream?

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2020, 04:57:21 »
jack, your image ensures what a friend of mine living in L.A. told me.  The hazardous air pollution could worsen the COVID situation that affects resperatory organs.

For the time being I'm just working away from home. I haven't left the house all day. Time to put on a mask and walk the dog!

Tom Hook

• Tom
  • NG Member
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2020, 05:21:58 »

Covid, popular tumult, economic turmoil, a gut-wrenching election and historic west coast wildfires. All is one. What's next, a plague of locusts?

Nice photograph by the way, it looks like the end of the world as we know it.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2020, 15:10:24 »
September 12

Bouquet

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2020, 16:37:52 »
Mirror windows

Z6  60/2.8

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2020, 18:00:34 »
Here's my rather nonchalant cityscape from Shibuya, Tokyo.  The message on the cylindrical building in the center of the image says: isn't it ok just to have a dream?

Just curious - amidst of those garment advertisements (uniqlo, h&m...) - who dares to publish something abour dreams ? I guess it is a teaser that will soon be replaced by an electric SUV ad (sure everybody's dream coming true), or at best a Selmer series IV saxophone - or did dreamers actually jijack an ad company ?
Airy Magnien

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2020, 00:32:51 »
Thank you all for the nice comments

Jack, that looks like the end of the world  :o

Streetlights, Madrid

Z6, 58mm 1.4g

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2020, 03:30:55 »
Just curious - amidst of those garment advertisements (uniqlo, h&m...) - who dares to publish something abour dreams ? I guess it is a teaser that will soon be replaced by an electric SUV ad (sure everybody's dream coming true), or at best a Selmer series IV saxophone - or did dreamers actually jijack an ad company ?

According to the post-factum search, the first half of your assumption seems to be correct.  Apparently this is a teaser of a new project offered by one of the most popular J-pop group in Japan "Arashi".   ::)  The detail is said to be disclosed on Monday.

Imagelover

• Teacher to minority speaking people in Norway
  • NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2020, 12:12:23 »
"The big cloud bear attacking the little one." Seen from my home. Df with the much appreciated Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/4 AIS.
One picture taken is far better than none!

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2020, 15:13:57 »
From the test drive of Voigtländer Nokton 58mm/f1.4 SL IIS.  Wide open.