Author Topic: August 2020  (Read 25506 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: August 2020
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2020, 06:43:58 »
Aaargh ! I didn't know onions would cure the sting ? A week ago I had a fight with a bunch of hornets... Luckily I didn't get stinged...

It is a good treatment after the fact
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2020, 16:20:34 »
Too hot today 30° Celsius
Not cloudy enough for the Cloud theme, but inspired by the photo Erik posted there.
Z6 20-70S f4 @24mm and f22

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2020, 17:38:19 »
As a nature photographer, one sometimes has to resort to weird tricks in order to be able to "get" the picture. For the recent Eelgrass (Zostera) studies I have to make a comparison between Z. marina and Z. angustifolia and optimistically tried to do photomacrographs of the leaves and their nervation. "Optimistic" as in not paying enough attention to the fact their foliage gains the required tensile strength by having numerous strands of sclerenchymatic tissue inserted into the blades. These dense strands make the leaf opaque rather than transparent when you shine a light through the blade and it turned out I couldn't get any "clear picture" of  the nervation and even less of the specific differences.

Back to the kitchen desk -- literally -- for some pre-processing wizardry. The leaves needed to be boiled in alcohol, then soaked in sodium hypochlorite, washed in distilled water (which in my country can be substituted by tap water), and finally stained by a suitable dye. I had acridine orange dye so used that. It is a fluorescent staining dye and at present I'm boiling the stained sample in water to get rid of the air bubbles trapped inside the blades. Night turned into day so I'll have to wait until another night fall before I can mount these samples and examine them with UV fluorescence, but so far all looks good.

Oh well.

Very interesting process and result en the next image.

A long summer day: rehearsal in the morning, swimming pool, restaurant (new excellent local dish in Enguera), hiking to discover some abandoned buildings (here), waterfalls, etc...and then to a wine factory  guided tour and testing!

Take my hand.
  Z6, 24-70 f4s

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2020, 18:10:25 »
A long summer day: rehearsal in the morning, swimming pool, restaurant (new excellent local dish in Enguera), hiking to discover some abandoned buildings (here), waterfalls, etc...and then to a wine factory  guided tour and testing!

Take my hand.
  Z6, 24-70 f4s

This is a killer, Paco!  The composition, the use of the shadow, the tone, the moment...all work perfectly together.  I'm floored!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Nasos Kosmas

• NG Supporter
  • Athens, Greece
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2020, 19:59:20 »
   Take my hand.
  Z6, 24-70 f4s
Excellent Paco!

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2020, 22:40:00 »
You got an excellent Leica and put it at good use !
Airy Magnien

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2020, 23:34:46 »

Take my hand.
  Z6, 24-70 f4s

Paco Paco  Paco

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2020, 00:11:04 »
Paco, you're the man. An excellent creative, subtle and elegant image.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2020, 00:32:37 »
Curbside view-- whilst the loudspeaks of the nearby café atually belted out "Pretty Woman" . Resistance was futile and I just managed to get the shot before she walked away.

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2020, 02:02:54 »
Thank you all very much. I'm blushing here.

I guess "pretty woman" on top of it was too much to resist. A sign  :)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2020, 14:12:28 »
tomatoes and potatoes from my garden...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2020, 14:39:22 »
Paco, Paco, Paco - Birna, Birna, Birna - Just wonderful!!

Erik Lund

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2020, 14:48:00 »
I shot this with the 28mm 1.4E ED on D850 @1.4 - Finally a Nikkor worth comparing to the best of best Leica M glass,,,  Thinking of Summilux-M 35mm ASPH 1.4 on a M9

See more here:
https://nikongear.net/revival/index.php?topic=9584.0
Erik Lund

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2020, 16:22:54 »
Great samples on the other thread Erik.

I hope today´s image counts as it not made by me but "of me". Taken by Olga that same hikind day. Also Z6 and 24-70 F4s, very esay to carry around. Olga names the Z6 the "good and easy one" From film to digital and seeing the image instantly on the back screen, now to see it on the evf even before you shoot. She likes it a lot.

Under the waterfall the sensation of nature´s power is strong and energy cleansing.

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2020, 16:34:59 »
Nice pose. I agree with Olga on the Z6.