Author Topic: August 2020  (Read 25505 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: August 2020
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2020, 00:56:44 »
All is well that ends well. Thus, the boiling of Eelgrass leaves to make stained samples, as described in yesterday's post, did pay off. I got really nice images of the blades of of these Zostera species and managed to circumvent the opaque nature imposed by all the sclerenchymatic tissue embedded. The pesky trapped air bubbles disappeared as well. Here is Z. marina at 5X (Laowa 25mm f/2.8, Z6). The scale bar represents 10mm.

Very intriguing, as always!  Would the UV fluorescence image help improve the resolution or reveal the intricate architecture or the sliced blade?
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2020, 06:09:16 »
SIGMA fp with Industar-50 50mm/f3.5 wide open.

stunning color scape. like time travel into 1970 postcards!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2020, 06:18:41 »
I contemplated to spend my holidays walking in the forest + reading, relaxing. Did not work out. The exhaust pipe rusted off and had to be replaced plus a lot of other stuff kept me busy .... nice thing is the guy in the garage predicted that our car can survive 400.000 to 500.000 kilometers, not only 300.000 as I guessed ... and my daughter is happy playing with other girls & horses...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2020, 06:54:03 »
Very intriguing, as always!  Would the UV fluorescence image help improve the resolution or reveal the intricate architecture or the sliced blade?

Due to the predominantly blue fluorescence, resolution as such is actually lowered and in fact focusing such low light blue images was pretty difficult even with the Z camera. However, this loss is more than compensated by the fluorescence being able to show the main internal structures with clarity.

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2020, 11:57:16 »
Nice representation of these interestingly scattered objects, Luc!  The image reminds me a little bit of "The Farm" by Joan Miró.
Thanks a lot Akira. I didn't know "The Farm" but looked it up and there is indeed a resemblance.

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2020, 12:15:32 »
Great Shot Paco

New Apartment complex.  Pano of 3 images

Z7  AF-S   14-24/2.8
Nice complex and image, John. Glad to see some building activity, Holland really has to do something about the housing crisis (sky high prices, very few affordable new builds).

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2020, 12:18:02 »
I contemplated to spend my holidays walking in the forest + reading, relaxing. Did not work out. The exhaust pipe rusted off and had to be replaced plus a lot of other stuff kept me busy .... nice thing is the guy in the garage predicted that our car can survive 400.000 to 500.000 kilometers, not only 300.000 as I guessed ... and my daughter is happy playing with other girls & horses...
Puff Daddy, Frank? I hope the distractions are over now so you can relax and enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Luc

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Flickr
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2020, 12:19:20 »
Shadows and light.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2020, 13:35:18 »
Puff Daddy, Frank? I hope the distractions are over now so you can relax and enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Today I went for a long walk in the forests and fields and estuaries. Very nice...

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2020, 14:07:51 »
a wasp sat on my arm rest, when I tried to rest my arm...

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2020, 18:50:48 »
Aaargh ! I didn't know onions would cure the sting ? A week ago I had a fight with a bunch of hornets... Luckily I didn't get stinged...
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2020, 20:42:31 »
Due to the predominantly blue fluorescence, resolution as such is actually lowered and in fact focusing such low light blue images was pretty difficult even with the Z camera. However, this loss is more than compensated by the fluorescence being able to show the main internal structures with clarity.

Thank you, Birna, for the detailed explanation.  With the predominantly blue object would only allow the blue pixels of the Beyer sensor to capture the image data.  A monochrome or even a FOVEON sensor might have helped?
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2020, 21:20:45 »
Perhaps, but my Sony NECX-5N Monochrome isn't suited for high-magnifiction work.

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2020, 22:52:03 »
The Rite of Spring; choreography by Suntory. 1st movement : Adoration de la Terre. Df, 85/1.4G @f/5. Heavy-handed processiing, for a change.
Airy Magnien

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2020, 23:20:16 »
The Rite of Spring; choreography by Suntory. 1st movement : Adoration de la Terre. Df, 85/1.4G @f/5. Heavy-handed processiing, for a change.

Excellent ! ;)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.