Gear Talk > What the Nerds Do

New-Nikkor 135mm f/2.8!!!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Frank Fremerey:

--- Quote from: Roland Vink on May 11, 2020, 00:36:15 ---It's interesting you prefer the Nikkor-Q 135/2.8 Auto, I didn't add one to my collection for years because I didn't like the look of it - the proportions seem wrong and diamond-pattern rubber grip don't match other similar lenses like the 105/2.5 or 200/4. On the other hand I really like New-Nikkor (K) version - much more refined shape and better lens coatings. I have one which is AI converted, should really use it more often! :) :o

--- End quote ---

other to you I only have the experience not the comparison.

richardHaw:
the look of the older Nikkor-Q is more macho :o :o :o

working from home has its advantages, i get more time to do stuff ::)

Jacques Pochoy:
I found the 135mm f/2.8 Q a while ago, and at that time, my usual repair shop in Paris had a left over converter kit for it, so now it's an AI instead of a pre-AI !
The focusing ring is butter smooth, just perfect, and I love the sun-shade gimmick ( à la 105mm f/2.5, but better) :-) I find it sharp enough !

Course à l'apéro... by ArchiVue, sur Flickr with the Nikon Df

Petr sheepeck Jůza:
Grip on 135 Q is similar as on 55 P.auto 3.5 which I have. I wonder if the focusing will be damped also similarily - I like it on 55. (I just won one 135 Q on Yahoo Auction in Japan I have to at first figure out how to get it here - Japan post is stopped now due to virus)  :-)

Petr sheepeck Jůza:
Jacques, nice shot. I somehow overlooked it last time.
My shot is also taken with 135Q.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version