Author Topic: Nikon Wireless transmitter utility pairing problem  (Read 6931 times)

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Nikon Wireless transmitter utility pairing problem
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2021, 16:41:06 »
I got to step 3 in this guide (pairing):
https://download.nikonimglib.com/archive4/YB7ZW00rVlDr04pONHM55OfVkS06/D-WTU___-010930BF-___EN-ALL___.pdf
I got the auto code on camera but wireless transmitter failed before I could enter the code.

But that was only once. I usually don't get further than when I start the program it shows the message shown in guide before step 2 (like you have not fulfilled step 1). Same will happen if you start program without any camera connected.

All the steps you need to go though each time......it is really bad design.

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2021, 16:47:54 »
I need to type in the network password again when camera has been switched off.......and have to select every letter/number.....don't understand that camera is not able to remember the wifi password from last time it got connected. It is not user friendly.

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2021, 16:49:32 »
I never tried the hot-spot pairing. I only tried the wifi option, so what I did was:
1) In the camera menu go to create a network profile
1a) Choose "search for wifi network"
1b) Log in to my home wifi
1c) Wait for the camera to get a dynamic IP address from the router then leave the camera on with that
2) Log in to my router, look for the camera based on the assigned IP, set the IP to static
3) Disconnect my PC from the wifi then reconnect
4) Start the utility, it recognized the camera in the network right away
5) Finish the pairing activities as per the wizards...

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2021, 16:52:13 »
The reason I did not try the hot-spot option is, I believe by connecting my PC to the camera, I lose the internet...

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2021, 17:10:19 »
I was able to finish the pairing by disconnect / connect as you suggested but no images are transferred.
The camera shows at the screen: "network name", "connecting to PC"     .....and then it shows: REM 0000   ....

And now it shows: Ends transmission.....and will not images transferred.....

But got one step further......the destination folder on PC is still empty.

Now camera can reconnect without I need to enter network key again. And it says "connect to PC" but does not transfer anything.....like there is nothing to transfer.
Maybe I need to go in and select images to be transferred.....in camera?

Zang

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2021, 18:06:33 »
Again, this is the most stupid thing I've ever seen, but I am having the same issue. It works when I disconnect the PC from wifi and reconnect it again. Before the wifi restart on the PC, when I checked "connect to pc" menu in the camera I see the status as "connecting". After the wifi reconnection on my PC the status changed to "now sending".

Gregory100

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2021, 22:14:12 »
I am piggy backing off this post as I am having intermittent problems connecting this utility as well. I had it working fine and when it is working it is a great app. Shoots files to the laptop super fast and I even sent 4k video but then it wont connect again and so I reset all my prefered settings to default and it connected but wouldn't shoot files to computer. There seems a complete lack of data on how to prevent this. I searched You Tube. No creators have posted anything. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2021, 11:36:44 »
I am piggy backing off this post as I am having intermittent problems connecting this utility as well. I had it working fine and when it is working it is a great app. Shoots files to the laptop super fast and I even sent 4k video but then it wont connect again and so I reset all my prefered settings to default and it connected but wouldn't shoot files to computer. There seems a complete lack of data on how to prevent this. I searched You Tube. No creators have posted anything. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.[

Which camera are you using?

I noticed problems with pairing when the computer and camera are close to my wifi router (which is connected to my cable modem and the internet). Only by taking the camera to some distance away from the router does the pairing between camera and computer work correctly.  However, once pairing has been established, the connection is formed without problems after that and it even reconnects automatically if the camera is turned off and back on. It shouldn't require pairing after a particular camera and computer have been successfully paired once, they remember each other.

You could try contacting Nikon directly to ask for advice.