Author Topic: March 2020  (Read 57021 times)

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
Re: March 2020
« Reply #465 on: March 29, 2020, 00:02:37 »
Suzuki V-strom? Excellent bike. A successful dynamic shot!

Thank you John and Frank. At least I´m slowly learning how to use a flash  :)
yes a V-strom, thanks Paco
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #466 on: March 29, 2020, 04:22:48 »
No human contact, just flower and sky. Stay healthy all!

Jacques

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #467 on: March 29, 2020, 10:32:56 »
Isolation continued - due to my age I am not allowed to leave home even for essential items as in food so I am dependent on family and very good friends to shop on my behalf, fortunately family food choices are fairly straightforward therefore food shopping is limited to basic items, milk, bread, vegetables etc.
This image will probably exceed my monthly allowance but it is near the end of the month, following from my previous post this is another view of what I have as a form of enforced leisure activity for the next 10 weeks approx !
A.Jacks

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #468 on: March 29, 2020, 10:43:59 »
Isolation continued - due to my age I am not allowed to leave home even for essential items as in food so I am dependent on family and very good friends to shop on my behalf, fortunately family food choices are fairly straightforward therefore food shopping is limited to basic items, milk, bread, vegetables etc.
This image will probably exceed my monthly allowance but it is near the end of the month, following from my previous post this is another view of what I have as a form of enforced leisure activity for the next 10 weeks approx !

Nice view. You have to stay at home completely? Here in Holland we have no total isolation, respecting rules, like social distance etc oc, at 70 we have no further  restictions.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
« Reply #469 on: March 29, 2020, 10:48:33 »
Todays catch
Dare not to put in the show birds theme ;) Tool once distance for my 200-500 and the D500.
I have never seen this Common Kingfisher in real life, so that was nice. We have few colorfull birds in Denmark.
This is a crop ;)

I never spotted one myself. fortunate shot Bent.

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #470 on: March 29, 2020, 12:28:51 »

this is a harmonic room - at least you have a very comfortable place to stay and can go out in your garden. Much better than people living in small flats in the cities.
we still are allowed to leave, but not to meet with more than 4 people.
Thomas Stellwag

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
« Reply #471 on: March 29, 2020, 12:32:01 »
Another 3 weeks of groceries secured - a rather stressful experience, as it was almost as crowded as it use to be in spite of the lock down in Alaska, and not everybody were following best practices. Unknown to me at the time, lock down orders were tightened up from 5PM same day, so may be there was a rush because of that although grocery shopping is of course still allowed. Luckily Alaska lags behind most countries and the rest of the US - 102 confirmed cases and only one death since the first case about 3 weeks ago. But I got near but at safe distance to a colleague who was among the first 17... Scientists have tended to travel a lot. May be we will now discover that it was not necessary.

Øivind Tøien

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #472 on: March 29, 2020, 12:32:16 »
social distancing, no stopping for food, no interaction with other humans,
but my brother and that through helmet and gloves
motorbike dress is one of the securest clothing today  ;)
I like the shot
Thomas Stellwag

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #473 on: March 29, 2020, 15:22:33 »
The weather may indicate how the world is going crazy.  It snowed in Tokyo today, after cherry blossoms had bloomed.

By the way, I re-realized that it was a bit tricky to capture the falling snow so that it really looked like it was falling.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #474 on: March 29, 2020, 15:30:04 »
The weather may indicate how the world is going crazy.  It snowed in Tokyo today, after cherry blossoms had bloomed.

By the way, I re-realized that it was a bit tricky to capture the falling snow so that it really looked like it was falling.

you can concour with Øivind  now  :)
Thomas Stellwag

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #475 on: March 29, 2020, 15:40:28 »
you can concour with Øivind  now  :)

Indeed, yes!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #476 on: March 29, 2020, 17:12:42 »
Another 3 weeks of groceries secured - a rather stressful experience, as it was almost as crowded as it use to be in spite of the lock down in Alaska, and not everybody were following best practices. Unknown to me at the time, lock down orders were tightened up from 5PM same day, so may be there was a rush because of that although grocery shopping is of course still allowed. Luckily Alaska lags behind most countries and the rest of the US - 102 confirmed cases and only one death since the first case about 3 weeks ago. But I got near but at safe distance to a colleague who was among the first 17... Scientists have tended to travel a lot. May be we will now discover that it was not necessary.

Sadly, Alaska is catching up. They are 21 out of 52 US states (DC + Puerto Rico included) in deaths/million. The Netherlands is in the top 5 worldwide with a rate of 45/million.

The message is stay at home.

Limit physical contact.

Long lenses and macros are your choices these days.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
« Reply #477 on: March 29, 2020, 17:21:08 »
March 29

Cold and windy day

snake's head

D850 - 105mm f/1.4

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear