Author Topic: Harbinger: The iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max  (Read 24159 times)

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Harbinger: The iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2019, 07:41:56 »
The closest thing to Capt. Kirk's Communicator, to date!  ;D
When I use the speaker phone, it's extremely similar!
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

RexGig0

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2019, 19:44:43 »
I was an early adopter of the iPhone 11 Pro Max, after having skipped every iPhone since the 7 Plus. Well, actually, I had been through several 7 Pluses, because iPhones are so  vulnerable to being dropped, and sometimes survive the fall, only to land in a situation or environment beyond recovery. I bought the expensive Pro Max 512GB version, so am usually treating it like a precious tablet/planner, to be kept hidden away from the attention of thieves, pickpockets, and armed robbers, while mostly continuing to use my remaining 7 Plus for most publicly-visible tasks. (I do carry two iPhones, each with a different service provider.)

Yes, the iPhone 11 Pro Max is a quite capable camera, from the wide to normal angles of view. It is still annoying to manipulate, as a camera, and offers no telephoto. Even for landscapes, I now tend to like using telephoto lenses. The night-shooting capabilities are probably the most novel thing, that I would like to try soon, when I can get well away from the city lights.

Even if not for thieves, robbers, and my clumsy hands, an iPhone is a single point of failure, for a device that performs so many tasks, and all of these tasks are consuming the nourishment from one battery.

So, these newest iPhones have yet to displace anything that I am doing with cameras.

Rex Michael Gigout

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2019, 23:17:36 »
... they have virtually no controls, yet are able to do 90%+ of the things that 90%+ of the population used to think you needed a desktop computer for. ...

I'm just catching up, so sorry for the delayed response.

I'd have to challenge the statement above.
Both Smart Phones and tablets mean I go on my desktop & laptop computers less and less.

But I use the modern devices despite how poor the UI is, not because it's almost as good.
As soon as I want any finesse on how I take a picture, or type anything longer than a sentence, I get really frustrated with my phone & tablet.

...the iPhone 11 Pro Max is a quite capable camera ...[but].. is still annoying to manipulate.

Absolutely Rex

My biggest bugbear is the on-screen keyboard. I was far more fluent with the previous phones that had physical keyboards. Increasingly I resort to voice recognition (which both my desktop & laptop also offer, so no edge there). And just as that improves the accuracy of text input, increasingly brain-dead auto-correct messes things up.

Grrrr!

Yes, I am grateful to have these devices available. But frustrated too  :)

RobOK

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • My gallery
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2019, 15:43:09 »
What’s Apps are you using for iOS camera? I sometimes use default app or lately Lightroom Mobile for camera app.