Author Topic: Scotland?  (Read 35554 times)

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
Re: Scotland?
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2015, 14:34:05 »
GBP15.00 sent. Please let me know if there were any fees associated with the transaction - I will reimburse.
I will hire a car whilst I am in Scotland, and I don't mind sharing a room (but not a bed!).

Thanks, Mike - safely received. Don't worry about Paypal fees - if they are at all significant I'm sure the Forum will make up the difference.

Car-sharing (and room-sharing) is something we have several months to sort out. In early 2016 I will start to collect information on which airport (Edinburgh, Glasgow or Aberdeen) people intend to arrive at, what time of day, and whether they are intending to rent a car.

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2015, 15:15:18 »
I removed the poll btw and locked the other Scotland topic as both didn't serve a purpose any more.

So we're pretty much booked for this NG event, at lot can change in the coming 8 months however so a spot might open up.

The general idea is to organise a NG event twice a year, one week in autumn and one week in spring preferably organised together with a local host. The first two have been planned now but it's a bit early to start planning the autumn 2016 trip, we will probably open up a poll early next year to see where the community would like to go next.
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2015, 15:54:08 »
@Jan Anne: But it would be nice to have an ongoing discussion on possible future VENUES.

Edit by JA: Which is fine of course but not in the Scotland topic so content is removed.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Danulon

• NG Supporter
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2015, 23:50:09 »
Update: Deposit payed.
Guenther Something

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #184 on: September 05, 2015, 01:25:48 »
And where do I find the removed content now?

I wrote it down once. Here. Move it to some other place, give me my words back by PM, open a new topic, but do not delete what I wrote. I do not have backup.

Please.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #185 on: September 05, 2015, 04:25:06 »
And where do I find the removed content now?

I wrote it down once. Here. Move it to some other place, give me my words back by PM, open a new topic, but do not delete what I wrote. I do not have backup.

Please.
Sorry, you mentioned you popped the question somewhere else and the content of the post looked like a quick and dirty copy and paste action (formatting was all over the place) so I assumed it was a double post from another topic hence I deleted it to keep this topic about the upcoming Scotland trip clean and on topic (already 13 pages to go through).

As we try to refrain from removing content I tried to find the topic you talked about to link to but couldn't find it. In hindsight I should have checked first and split your post into another topic to preserve the content, a rookie mistake from my side and apologies for the inconvenience.
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #186 on: September 05, 2015, 08:23:07 »
I just said I proposed the workshop on fotozones / old NG

I wrote this text for the first time. I never copy and paste. I am a writer by profession.

The formatting is caused by me writing most comments on my mobile combined with the fact that this forum
still does not feature a mobile theme. A mere workaround.

13 pages? 4 pages I see.

David Paterson

• NG Member
« Reply #187 on: September 05, 2015, 10:45:32 »
Update: Deposit payed.

And received - thanks, Guenther. I have been very impressed with how quickly everyone has paid their deposit.  :)

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2015, 11:32:28 »
Scotland is off the map for me - Just ordered a new pair of specs that was the same price as a plane ticket. Priorities.
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

David Paterson

• NG Member
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2015, 13:16:31 »
Scotland is off the map for me - Just ordered a new pair of specs that was the same price as a plane ticket. Priorities.

Sorry to hear that, Elsa - the men in the group are all going to be very disappointed.   :-[  ;D

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2015, 14:05:40 »
no i think Elsa is afraid to get disapointed when she see´s the men group in crop mode
@ Elsa:  just buy IR specs and you´ll be surounded by young men
Thomas Stellwag

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2015, 15:13:40 »
hahah boys - next time !!!

and of course I want to meet all the nice young rich virile men that can cook!
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.

David Paterson

• NG Member
« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2015, 15:33:25 »
hahah boys - next time !!!
and of course I want to meet all the nice young rich virile men that can cook!

I can cook ok - not so sure about the nice, young, rich or virile though.

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #193 on: September 19, 2015, 07:31:56 »
haha - well ask Bjørn - I have this list that even he laughed at.

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #194 on: September 24, 2015, 13:42:37 »
Sorry to hear that, Elsa - the men in the group are all going to be very disappointed.   :-[  ;D

Indeed... :'( :'( :'( (even if I am not rich and young !) ::)
Francis Devrainne