Author Topic: Brief but intimate NG meeting in Shibuya, Tokyo  (Read 5517 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Brief but intimate NG meeting in Shibuya, Tokyo
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 19:58:06 »
Wonderful portraits, and some great night shots of Tokyo, would love to visit there one day.

Yes, great portraits !  Lovely those meetings, hope to be in a position to visit Tokyo.

Any of you are highly welcomed!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2018, 20:01:47 »
Some B+W from the last couple of nights...

I enjoyed to see how you shoot and am glad to see the latest shots!  Thank you for sharing.

JJChan

• JJ Chan
  • NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 03:56:02 »
Hi Akira
Back to reality with work and no time

Here are a few other shots taken on the same day. Thanks again for the meeting and looking forward to catching up again next time.
Did you get a chance to listen to Trintje and amazing guitarist Leonardo Amuedo? https://open.spotify.com/album/5883OS71ULt0vnreAUe9hV?si=DlRPmQwdRNCLPTCD8VWyJg

Last picture was same corner with Nikon F501 Velvia AF35-70mm probably at 35mm in 1999

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2018, 15:46:24 »
Always good to see the NG members, great portraits, great thread!
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 23:56:03 »
Hi Akira
Back to reality with work and no time

Here are a few other shots taken on the same day. Thanks again for the meeting and looking forward to catching up again next time.
Did you get a chance to listen to Trintje and amazing guitarist Leonardo Amuedo? https://open.spotify.com/album/5883OS71ULt0vnreAUe9hV?si=DlRPmQwdRNCLPTCD8VWyJg

Last picture was same corner with Nikon F501 Velvia AF35-70mm probably at 35mm in 1999

Hi, Jonathan, thank you for the bump of the thread and nice crops of the city.  The last one is an interesting addition.  FWIW, there was still the Contax Salon in the building on the right of the cylindrical San Ai building (notice the Kyocera sign).  A scene from the last part of the film days...

I did checked out "Never Can Say Goodbye" album. A fine and pleasant duet with occasionally additional instruments.  I also checked out the Wagakki Band and some K-POP whose CDs Josh was looking for.  Nice to look into something I would never know by myself.  :)

Your way of shooting without looking into the viewfineder has been popular among some sort of photographers, but watching you actually practicing that was quite inspiring.

One question: do you correct the vertical lines?  I ask this because all of your images are perfectly level.   :o :o

Hope to see you again in the near future.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2018, 23:56:59 »
Always good to see the NG members, great portraits, great thread!

Armando, thank you for kind comment!