Author Topic: SHOCK, HORROR, BUT WE ARE OK - 2ND IMPORTANT NEW POST, 15 APRIL 2019  (Read 54733 times)

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
Anyone interested in sharing a car? I'm landing in Glasgow at 11h20 on May 11 and departing from Glasgow at 11h45 on May 18.

Thanks.

Just for information : I will be around Glasgow end of morning the 11th of May. I have one seat available in my car. however, I planned to stop at Glenfinnan were the steam train is coming on the viaduc from Malaig. The walk from the car park to the point of view is about 0.700km.
Glenfinnan is on the way to our destination.

So, I would collect at Glasgow airport.
Francis Devrainne

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
Great, thank you Francis. Are you also driving back to Glasgow?
Bruno Schröder

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
Glenfinnan is on the way to our destination.

Rosko, Bruno - Glenfinnan is only on your way to Kintail if you intend to take the ferry from Mallaig to Skye, then drive north up the island until you can take the bridge back to the mainland. There is nothing wrong with this - it's a good route but it is essential to book
your car on to the ferry, and the last one leaves Mallaig at 6pm. **Make the booking at least 48 hours before you intend to sail.**

https://www.calmac.co.uk/mallaig-armadale-skye-ferry-summer-timetable

rosko

• NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
Great, thank you Francis. Are you also driving back to Glasgow?

Bruno, Yes, I come back right toward South.

Francis.
Francis Devrainne

David Paterson

• NG Member
Just in case anyone was thinking of doing a little swimming or sunbathing - here is a little reminder of how a Scottish spring can look - shot this morning - Stobinian is 20km north of here, but 150km south of where we will be staying -

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
We had thought about something for a rainy day, but maybe something warm clothes is needed  ::)

David Paterson

• NG Member
We had thought about something for a rainy day, but maybe something warm clothes is needed  ::)

Don't panic just yet - in the week of the last Scotland event - also in mid-May - it was around 25ºC every day.

I'll post a 10-day forecast next Wed/Thursday.

rosko

• NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
Rosko, Bruno - Glenfinnan is only on your way to Kintail if you intend to take the ferry from Mallaig
https://www.calmac.co.uk/mallaig-armadale-skye-ferry-summer-timetable

Thanks, Dave, for your suggestion.
Actually,  I didn't plan to go toward Mallaig this day, but rather when I come back home. Just because we would arrive at destination quite late.
So, I'll go to glenfinnan from Port William, and then return to A82 (ben Nevis distillery) and carry on the normal way.

That mean I was wrong when I said that Glenfinnan is on the way. :)

Francis.

Francis Devrainne

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany

bring your long johns and kidney belt
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Seapy

• NG Member
bring your long johns and kidney belt

Well this is what the BBC weather are currently forecasting, it will get firmer as days come nearer but the trend looks good.  Clearer night skies would have been welcome but we can't have everything.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/8299863

Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Almost a Norwegian summer :D

I'm hesitant to ask about water temperatures but will soon enough find out.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Almost a Norwegian summer :D

I'm hesitant to ask about water temperatures but will soon enough find out.

you will go bathing in the Hebridian Sea?
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Naah. Two or three lochs on Skye are my primary targets. Aquatic plants of the unusual or exotic kind are attractive to some minds :D

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
Bruno, Yes, I come back right toward South.

Francis, do you think you'll be leaving early enough for my flight at 11h45 from Glasgow? I guess arriving there at 11:00 should be enough.

Thanks
Bruno Schröder

David Paterson

• NG Member
Francis, do you think you'll be leaving early enough for my flight at 11h45 from Glasgow? I guess arriving there at 11:00 should be enough.
Thanks

Google maps are saying 4 hours for the journey from Kyle to Glasgow Airport. Distance - 172 miles from Kyle, so 156 from our lodge. So average speed has to be over 62km/hour on mainly Highland roads - that's asking a lot. Motorwayautobahn/autostrada/interstate only for the last 30km.