Author Topic: Nikon Z6/7 mirrorless system  (Read 126390 times)

RobOK

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • My gallery
Re: Nikon Z6/7 mirrorless system
« Reply #1140 on: January 12, 2020, 17:50:56 »
Vs native lens

Eddie Draaisma

• NG Supporter
« Reply #1141 on: January 12, 2020, 17:58:16 »
Strangely enough, never had any issue with the Markins on the Z cameras even for vertical shooting. Thus your mileage might vary.

For myself it is beneficial the bracket doesn't extend the whole way underneath the body as this would interfere with my fingers when hand-holding the camera. Again, YMMV.

It is not that it will break easily  ;D , but vertically mounted on a sturdy tripod with the Markins it is easy to visibly flex the camera by touching it. Not possible with the RRS and the Smallrig. I guess for mirrorless incl. EFCS etc it is not a big issue, but nevertheless.

For use with the smaller Z lenses personally I do not really need a grip extension, for use with the bigger ones I slightly prefer the Smallrig. It is a little bit thicker than the RRS, and has a nice area for the pinky to rest upon  8)

simsurace

• NG Supporter
« Reply #1142 on: January 12, 2020, 19:19:46 »
I‘m preferring the grip extension even for small lenses, otherwise my index finger reaches too far and I have to hit the shutter release with its second joint! :) this is the smallrig. The lower plate is perfect, but the gap is annoying. I wonder why they made it so... after all, extending it is not an issue if more space is required around the contacts. All the Chinese knockoffs are copying the design. Maybe asking them to make another version is worth trying...
Simone Carlo Surace
suracephoto.com