Author Topic: July 2018  (Read 52478 times)

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
Re: July 2018
« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2018, 18:54:14 »
Great shot, Peter. What an expression ;)

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2018, 19:18:50 »
Whit this set up, your files are on the hard disk and you access them with the iPad, via wi-fi. They dont have to get through the Photo App, but can be used directly through Snapseed (or else),then, when modified, saved in Photo App.
On the « cloud » WD software you can see the jpeg and Raw files and choose which to bring on the iPad to edit.
You can also use Affinity Photo or other softwares, without getting in the paying « Clouds » of Lightroom or even Apple.
You keep the usual file size you’ve set your camera to.

I like the « mobility » of the process, while ensuring your files are backed up (the hard disk has an SD slot and copy the files automatically)...  8)

Does this work fine with RAW files, seems to be a nice solution for light traveling?
I will have to use a QXD card reader in the USB port.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #242 on: July 27, 2018, 20:11:50 »
my wife wants fresh veggies for my birthday Party. I will eat the Gazpacho and hold onto the cold beverages...

Happy birthday Frank

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #243 on: July 27, 2018, 21:22:31 »
Does this work fine with RAW files, seems to be a nice solution for light traveling?
I will have to use a QXD card reader in the USB port.

It works with raw files (the Passport combo). But a Df raw files takes a minute to load on the iPad, a full sized file from a D 850 might take some time (it’s more an iPad problem then the WD Cloud one). The USB port of the hard disk is a bit slower then the dedicated SD port (USB 2.0).

Still, I feel the whole process is manageable, but for quick use, I resort to NEF + JPEG, using the JPEGs to show a quick diaporama to family  :o
The real advantage is the hard disk to saveguard the files, it’s batteries allow for 10 hours of continuous use, but this week I only had to top it a bit after six days of files saving and working on a few selected files...
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #244 on: July 27, 2018, 21:23:43 »
Happy Birthday Frank ! Best wishes for your health :)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #245 on: July 28, 2018, 09:59:26 »
Thank you all for your good wishes. It was a great party till very late ... or early
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #246 on: July 28, 2018, 11:30:39 »
The unusually hot and dry summer has precipitated early and out-of-season changes in a number of species. Recently the rosebay willowherb (fireweed) Chamaenerion angustifolium  started its massive dispersal of feather light seed parachutes. These are delicate and fragile creations up close, here floating on a blue water surface.

Alaun

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #247 on: July 28, 2018, 12:43:26 »
my wife wants fresh veggies for my birthday Party. I will eat the Gazpacho and hold onto the cold beverages...

Frank, nachträglich Happy Birthday as well!
Wer-      Dro-
      ner         ste

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #248 on: July 28, 2018, 14:40:54 »
The unusually hot and dry summer has precipitated early and out-of-season changes in a number of species. Recently the rosebay willowherb (fireweed) Chamaenerion angustifolium  started its massive dispersal of feather light seed parachutes. These are delicate and fragile creations up close, here floating on a blue water surface.
Looks like fireworks
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #249 on: July 28, 2018, 16:25:12 »

wonderful color contrast and use of background shadow
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #250 on: July 28, 2018, 19:51:42 »
Great shot, Birna. Lovely how these fireweeds are displayed in blue.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #251 on: July 28, 2018, 19:52:39 »
Heat on an old and deserted parking lot

Df  55/1.2 Ai

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #252 on: July 28, 2018, 19:56:06 »
food for thought

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #253 on: July 28, 2018, 22:50:03 »
July 28

Rudbeckia with the deformed cone

Df  nikkor-S 55mm f/1.2

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #254 on: July 29, 2018, 12:30:56 »
It works with raw files (the Passport combo). But a Df raw files takes a minute to load on the iPad, a full sized file from a D 850 might take some time (it’s more an iPad problem then the WD Cloud one). The USB port of the hard disk is a bit slower then the dedicated SD port (USB 2.0).

Still, I feel the whole process is manageable, but for quick use, I resort to NEF + JPEG, using the JPEGs to show a quick diaporama to family  :o
The real advantage is the hard disk to saveguard the files, it’s batteries allow for 10 hours of continuous use, but this week I only had to top it a bit after six days of files saving and working on a few selected files...
Thanks for the information, I may have buy to one for our trip to Krüger Park, mostly to make back-up, but also to save weight.