Author Topic: The first Nikongear Photo Race  (Read 48270 times)

PeterN

• NG Member
The first Nikongear Photo Race
« on: June 13, 2017, 15:34:20 »
Hi all,

Jakov, Nicole and I are happy to announce the first Nikongear Photo Race in the Hague (Netherlands). May many races follow!

Our source of inspiration are the Urban Photo Races held across the world. What does this mean? During the day participants will shoot 3 photos for 4-6 themes. Themes will be handed out during the day at checkpoints in the city. Themes will require your creativity so don't forget to pack your creativity when you decide to come.

It is not (yet) our intention to run it in a competitive format, although we may change our minds when we find a qualified jury. However, the idea is to publish each one's series here at the forum.

As we will participate ourselves (participating is too much fun to stay on the sideline) we will seek for someone who will provide one of us with the themes when the race starts. The checkpoints will be used to share our experiences and ha ing a drink or meal. Further details will be provided later.

For now, 2 dates seem to work best: August 12 or September 30. Both dates are on a Saturday, allowing people to come in on Friday and leave on Sunday. Depending on your interest, we will organize some other activities (such as having a drink or dinner or a photography-related activity ;-) ). When sufficient people want to stay overnight we may check for an arrangement with a hotel.

If your are interested, please respond to this thread by:

1. mentioning your preferred date: August 12 or September 30
2. if you would like to stay overnight, and if so, which nights

We do hope that many of you from around the world will join us on this exciting event! If you haven't scheduled your vacation yet, this might be THE opportunity.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jakov, Nicole, Peter

Peter

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Announcement: The first Nikongear Photo Race
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 16:45:43 »
I'll love to go. September is the best dates for me. If happening, I'll be probably flying to and from Amsterdam unless there is a better option.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 19:46:23 »
Great idea ;) I'm in, so far both dates are fine, will have to come back to it ;)
Erik Lund

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 20:01:13 »
I might join, but only Sept 30 is possible.

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 22:02:49 »
Great idea. I'm in for September 30. Most probably I'll drive in the morning, if it doesn't start at 7:00 :)
Bruno Schröder

smusesuse

• NG Member
  • The Hague, Netherlands
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 22:25:33 »
What a cool idea, I'm in! Both dates are fine for me, no need for a hotel in my case.  :D
Suse

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 22:43:47 »
A very cool idea.  :)   Both dates suit me (at the moment)

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 23:55:30 »
I am interested.  I could only make the 12 August date, and would stay over on the Friday and Saturday nights.
Anthony Macaulay

chris dees

• NG Supporter
  • Amsterdam
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 00:02:39 »
August 12th is fine for me.
September 30th only till about 16:00 (concert of the Rolling Stones :D)
Chris Dees

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 00:26:03 »
I guess we will have to host both dates, which will be my pleasure :)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

the solitaire

• NG Member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 01:11:28 »
If it's the 30th, I'm in :)

Only a 200 km drive, so no need for accomodations on my/our behalf. We'll bring Kristina, Anouk, Lumi and myself
Buddy

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 06:02:05 »
Can the themes be published on the list so those of us half a world away can play in our own locality?

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 06:43:07 »
Jack, I think if the themes are posted, even after the fact, it would be fun to give it a go locally.  As part of the Competition, not sure it would work but the themes could be posted as a "Themes" .   Of course some of the themes may not suit my location and the Monsoon  ;) .
Cheers,
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 15:02:57 »
Thank you for sharing your interest! Wonderful to see so many people are interested already!  It seems that September 30 is the preferred date so far. So let’s settle on that date to make it easier for others to sign up.

Anthony, if it is possible for you to also attend on September 30 that would be great!
Chris, perhaps we would steal one theme from the UPR “Finally I am an old guy” which allows you to participate for that theme during the concert by making a bunch of photos of the Stones. ;-)
Bjorn, hopefully you can make it!

We love Jack’s idea to share the themes at this forum to allow others to run their own NPR! We will then be able to turn this into a global event. So we will share the themes on the 30th of september when the themes are known. We’ll try to find solutions for the time differences.

Feel free to share the event with your friends and photography-buddies. More people = more fun.

So for now the date is September 30.

Hopefully the group will become larger as we get closer to September. In the meantime, we will keep you posted. 
Peter

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2017, 15:33:40 »
September, 2 Nights, Hotel Arrangement welcome
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/