Author Topic: January 2017  (Read 42164 times)

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: January 2017
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2017, 18:53:26 »
I wonder what the Lake District could look like if thousands of sheep were not allowed everywhere eating everything.
Simone Tomasi

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2017, 18:57:44 »
Akira: wonderful scene!

Harald: superb composition!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2017, 20:14:18 »
Had a small outing today the cold weather, had to make a pano.
It was nearly "killing" my iMac in the making, the end result was an 814MB file!
Maybe the D800 files was a bit over the the top for a 360 degrees  pano from the "mountain" just outside Copenhagen.
The hill is completely artificial, and made from excavations done in the greater Copenhagen area.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2017, 21:15:23 »
Freezing cold today, but we had sun.  (after days of boring clouds)

Cityhall Tilburg, still the decision has to be made for renovation. If City Council wait too long, the building will be nominated as Dutch Architecture which is only possible when the building is older than 50 years. The Cityhall was built in 1967-1968.

The black marble stone is polished and reflects the light.

Fuji S5   Angenieux 35-70

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2017, 21:21:18 »
Ah, you have a cityhall too,  Frank. Nice ;)

Special Light, Akira. Too bad you didn't have the D750 with you ;)

Great shot, Harald.

Beautiful Simone, looks very cold.

Impressive Pano, Bent.  It's strange, whenever I am in the mood for pano's I am carrying the D800E,  which is stupid actually.  The Df would have been better, file-size-wise.  ;)

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2017, 21:32:14 »
Impressive Pano, Bent.  It's strange, whenever I am in the mood for pano's I am carrying the D800E,  which is stupid actually.  The Df would have been better, file-size-wise.  ;)
Just realised this, maybe my old trusty D700 should have been is use ;)
I am new to the D800, and try to what it can. I am otherwise satisfied with the results from the camera.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2017, 22:32:30 »
Akira: wonderful scene!

Thanks, Frank!  The atmosphere was great.

Special Light, Akira. Too bad you didn't have the D750 with you ;)

Thanks, John!  Yeah, I regret I was a bit too lazy.  It was shot over the fence with the camera held high above my head.  So, the lightweight and the large screen of SE helped a lot.  :)
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2017, 09:17:19 »
January 16/30

.cold light of morning.

18 01 02017

Two annotations:

The lemon shaped circles of confucion the 105E Nikkor produces can be clearly seen here

I had to think of a song by Placebo, thus the title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jti8v47e7m4

You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2017, 11:15:04 »
January 17/30

.freezing plant.

19 01 02017

My wife was even talking about "rare double digit negative temperatures", but this is not the case for Bonn, which is always a bit warmer than the neighbouring settlements due to weather protection by the Rhine Valley terraform and moderation by the River and 320.000 people living in this protected and moderated bowl. Yet, -8°C and -9°C we see here as soon as the nights get clear and open as they curently are. This bush clearly shows how it feels about the frost.

Technical D500 & 1.8/50G @f/5.6 sharpening might be a bit overdone in RAW conversion. What do you think?

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2017, 11:17:10 »
Had a small outing today the cold weather, had to make a pano.
It was nearly "killing" my iMac in the making, the end result was an 814MB file!
Maybe the D800 files was a bit over the the top for a 360 degrees  pano from the "mountain" just outside Copenhagen.
The hill is completely artificial, and made from excavations done in the greater Copenhagen area.

There is not plant cover to be seen, yet the landscape seems quite interesting. What kind of use did the people have in mind who changed the shape of this area?

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2017, 11:18:39 »
Cityhall Tilburg, still the decision has to be made for renovation. If City Council wait too long, the building will be nominated as Dutch Architecture which is only possible when the building is older than 50 years. The Cityhall was built in 1967-1968. The black marble stone is polished and reflects the light.

Does not look sooo bad in your picture. Which argumrents speak against keeping the hall? Which speak for renovating, wehich for tearing it down?

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2017, 13:47:48 »
A rear view of the Lens House, a test shot with the Sunex 5.6 mm f/5.6 Fisheye lens (on a V1). For testing purposes the lens has been put on a focusing adapter for the CX format cameras. The lens projects a circular image on a DX format camera. It is a fix-focus lens by design, but there are ways to circumvent this if the application requires a different focus (sic). As evidenced by this picture our current 'winter' is a bad joke.

Don't know much about the brand except for the lens being labelled 'made in China', but images seem to be quite sharp.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2017, 13:57:30 »
A rear view of the Lens House, a test shot with the Sunex 5.6 mm f/5.6 Fisheye lens (on a V1). For testing purposes the lens has been put on a focusing adapter for the CX format cameras. The lens projects a circular image on a DX format camera. It is a fix-focus lens by design, but there are ways to circumvent this if the application requires a different focus (sic). As evidenced by this picture our current 'winter' is a bad joke. Don't know much about the brand except for the lens being labelled 'made in China', but images seem to be quite sharp.

What is a "lens house"???

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2017, 14:21:18 »
A house in which lenses are stored :D

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2017, 16:22:50 »
Looks sharp, must be cheaper than the Nikkor 13/5.6    I guess   ;)

Frank: The building is outdated with regard to the climate-rules, so a renovation had to be planned. However, the first renovation plan  was to tear down the original black marble plates. A lot of protest followed as it was against the original architectural design. A new plan is now in progress.

We have a colder winter than usual

A few days ago we had snow, some snow still remains, we count the Ice-days here.

The rendering of the 105/2.5 P-Auto (1969 version) is very very nice.  Pretty sharp in the middle, ideal for portraits. Versatile usable at f/2.5. Sometimes the light forces to stop down, perhaps I should use a Grad filter to prevent that.  The lens has become one of my favourites...  Here on the Df.