Author Topic: 2016 Barefoot World Championship with Nikon D7100  (Read 4986 times)

BruceSD

• Confirmed Bokeholic
  • NG Member
  • I'm here to learn from the best
    • The F/2 Guru
2016 Barefoot World Championship with Nikon D7100
« on: August 31, 2016, 07:57:54 »
Two weeks ago I shot the 2016 Barefoot World Championship with my Nikon D7100 and Nikon 300mm f/4 AFS lens.  Click here Link removed to see dozens of fast action barefoot skiing photos that I took with this combo.

When it comes to stopping barefooters going by at 45mph, I'm not going to use my Fuji X cameras, nor will I use my Pentax cameras.  For fast action I always grab my Nikon equipment!

The settings that gave me the most keepers were "Auto - AF-C", ISO 800 to 1600, and shutter 1/4000 to 1/8000th.  I shot fast bursts using the CH setting.

Once the camera and lens were dialed in, it was simply a matter of panning the action with the camera on my monopod.

Erik Lund - Moderation comment: I have removed the link since it links to a page with commercials. Please post an image and provide a direct link to the image - Thanks :)s

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
Re: 2016 Barefoot World Championship with Nikon D7100
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 08:08:13 »
that is still a very capable camera :o :o :o

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 15:13:55 »
I guess the images are great, how about linking some images here ?

I clicked the link and this took me to a text only page ... closed the tab
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

BruceSD

• Confirmed Bokeholic
  • NG Member
    • The F/2 Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 18:24:13 »
The images are there;  just click on the hyper links at the bottom of the page that I link to.   You'll see over 100 images!

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 20:02:23 »
S9 is superb!  Love the spiral splash!  Thanks for sharing, Bruce!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

BruceSD

• Confirmed Bokeholic
  • NG Member
    • The F/2 Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 19:35:14 »
Thanks Akira, that photo is my wife's favorite also!

Bruce

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 10:31:59 »
Please always post at least one image and then a direct link to the rest. You will receive many more comments and page views this way.
Clicking on a link takes us away from NG and that is kind of what we want to avoid
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

BruceSD

• Confirmed Bokeholic
  • NG Member
    • The F/2 Guru
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 20:52:06 »
Please always post at least one image and then a direct link to the rest. You will receive many more comments and page views this way.
Clicking on a link takes us away from NG and that is kind of what we want to avoid

I too run my own popular website.

Hot links can be made so that they open up in a new window (and don't close the page you are on).   You might want to consider adjusting NikonGear so that your hot links do likewise.

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 22:30:25 »
The images are there;  just click on the hyper links at the bottom of the page that I link to.   You'll see over 100 images!
Even those links at the bottom of the pages don't work. Posting an image or two here in NG will evoke the interest to click an external link in-order to click another external link (and so on..). I gave up when I didn't see any images after clicking two links.  :-\
Anirban Halder

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 11:48:43 »
Hot links can be made so that they open up in a new window (and don't close the page you are on).   You might want to consider adjusting NikonGear so that your hot links do likewise.

Admin comment:
For the now: Please always post at least one image and then a direct link to the rest :)
Erik Lund

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 18:25:43 »
Hot links can be made so that they open up in a new window (and don't close the page you are on). You might want to consider adjusting NikonGear so that your hot links do likewise.

Our forum software has no such adjustment. There are browser settings which open new links in a separate window or separate tab if an individual wishes to configure his browser to do so.

The web address photowallpaper <dot> com is redirected to a commercial website canvasdiscount <dot> com. There is nothing we can do here about that except remove the link.