Author Topic: AF-S to AF-C quick change. Is it possible ?  (Read 19818 times)

Pistnbroke

• NG Member
Re: AF-S to AF-C quick change. Is it possible ?
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2016, 09:14:16 »
Sorry folks not to reply but been photographing birds in the Somme Estuary in France for a week....

All very interesting stuff and I will do some more testing ....I have on occasion forgotten to move back to AF-s once the bride was at the altar and not had a problem unless you get a group where you focus ..re compose and the focus point sits on the trees behind the group ( I call it a shoot through)
Maybe I should be in AF-C as this works 99% of the time on static shots and push the af on if there is a problem.
Unfortunately  a wedding is not the best place to experiment....
Always listen to old people or when they die you live on in ignorance

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2016, 14:07:24 »
I never leave AF-C; I even deselected AF-S. For the wedding picture, simply stop to push the AF-On rear button and reframe.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Pistnbroke

• NG Member
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2016, 09:37:43 »
I am sure many of you have taken on degree style projects where the solution is the opposite of what you originally thought.
The conclusion I came to is that its worth giving the AF-C option as explained above a try ...  after all guests arriving are walking towards me ..the car arriving is moving towards me etc. etc. and on some occasions I have left it on AF=C in error only wondering where the bleep had gone !  On the D7100 the af-on button is too close and my thumb  nail hits my nose but on the D810 it seems ok .Have a simple wedding ( ??) this sunday so will give it a go .
Always listen to old people or when they die you live on in ignorance

simsurace

• NG Member
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2016, 10:32:24 »
Pistnbroke, I still wonder why the button+dial method does not work. It only takes 1sec to change from AF-C to AF-S. Of course, the back button AF with AF-C is what I use and recommend, but it does not work for everyone.
Simone Carlo Surace
suracephoto.com