Author Topic: Flamenco, new materials  (Read 4475 times)

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Flamenco, new materials
« on: June 26, 2016, 12:31:35 »
I guess this counts as a portfolio series. Image heavy. Preparation-presentation-marketing for a new performance that will take place on Seville in September 2016. It was an improvised -more spur of the moment that improvised, really- Very productive from an image point of view. Coming from the Heligons, this feels easy :) Idea for the costumes from a designer ans ourselves. Makeup and hair dressing by the model herself. Nikon d700 with 24-70g and 80-200 ED 2.8 All natural light without modifiers of any kind.
   Any C&C always welcome.

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Flamenco, new materials
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 12:33:14 »
Packed, sailed, delivered...

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 12:35:38 »
There are many others but this should suffice to give you an idea. Have tried some color development variations with Alien Skin Exposure 7 that look promising.

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 13:19:13 »
These images are very cool, Paco. The dancers must be thrilled with the presentation.

I found #1604.jpg to stand apart over all the others.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 17:48:00 »
Packaging materials hurt when you take them off ... is there a subtext?
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 18:19:19 »
Paco, these are phenomenal!
All of them!
When I saw the first image I said WOW to myself, and it the WOW effect didn't stop all the way through the series!!!
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 19:52:22 »
These images are very cool, Paco. The dancers must be thrilled with the presentation.

I found #1604.jpg to stand apart over all the others.
I guess 1603. Yes, a different approach. It was the first one selected, even before the shooting was over! There are more wide angle, at different distances with varying grades of success.

Packaging materials hurt when you take them off ... is there a subtext?
  Not particularly. If so, is either unintentional or a mistake depending on how much you connect :) It is to show that different materials can be used to this particular end. The designer made a mind blowing dress with plastic and is going to do some more. Probably I´ll have the chance to take some pictures of the event.
Paco, these are phenomenal!
All of them!
When I saw the first image I said WOW to myself, and it the WOW effect didn't stop all the way through the series!!!

Thanks Jakov!

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 20:11:28 »
of the shots I like *web_2016 06 17_Olga materiales_La Muela_PacoVillalta-_FVR2043.jpg ... this is outdoor work in studio quality. wonderful expression, great styling.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 21:52:25 »
I like 1193 and 1201: the combination of the dancer and the wheat fits nicely, and the silver tape gives a modern taste.

Using package materials is a nice idea as it is, but I for one would prefer the neater, more prepared application rather than the improvised one in this particular case.  The ones using bubble wrap look a bit comical to me.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Thomas G

• NG Supporter
  • lumofisk
    • Iceland round trip 2016
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 22:04:41 »
I guess this counts as a portfolio series. Image heavy. Preparation-presentation-marketing for a new performance that will take place on Seville in September 2016. It was an improvised -more spur of the moment that improvised, really- Very productive from an image point of view. Coming from the Heligons, this feels easy :) Idea for the costumes from a designer ans ourselves. Makeup and hair dressing by the model herself. Nikon d700 with 24-70g and 80-200 ED 2.8 All natural light without modifiers of any kind.
   Any C&C always welcome.
Damn, cool stuff - phenomenal series. If I'd be allowed to pick 3 of the, that would be these:
web_2016 06 17_Olga materiales_La Muela_PacoVillalta-_FVR1062.jpg
web_2016 06 17_Olga materiales_La Muela_PacoVillalta-_FVR1201.jpg
web_2016 06 17_Olga materiales_La Muela_PacoVillalta-_FVR1603.jpg

web_2016 06 17_Olga materiales_La Muela_PacoVillalta-_FVR1829.jpg (needs the context of the others for the background field due to the subtle scratches on her skin visible)
and, well
web_2016 06 17_Olga materiales_La Muela_PacoVillalta-_FVR1857.jpg

(That would be according to the well known 'The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy', a trilogy in 4 volumes coming along in 5 books)

-/-/-

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 22:41:28 »
Very very interesting & creative Paco. I like all the photos - each one of them has unique appeal.
Anirban Halder

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 23:43:04 »
of the shots I like *web_2016 06 17_Olga materiales_La Muela_PacoVillalta-_FVR2043.jpg ... this is outdoor work in studio quality. wonderful expression, great styling.
Thanks Frank, this is late evening light in the coast of Cádiz, close to the city of Conil. You can not buy this colors!
I like 1193 and 1201: the combination of the dancer and the wheat fits nicely, and the silver tape gives a modern taste.

Using package materials is a nice idea as it is, but I for one would prefer the neater, more prepared application rather than the improvised one in this particular case.  The ones using bubble wrap look a bit comical to me.
Thanks Akira, we were there in vacation and pass by the field everyday. Not difficult to connect the dots. There another couple of magnificent locations for the future. The tape is very cheap stuff that started out as an internal joke...and then started working :)
  The idea of using, not only package, but an array of different materials is behind the whole project. I´m also not satisfied with the way the bubble is used as a dress and that´s the reason you see just a little. Most didn´t made the cut. I do like the one showing here and deeply appreciate your honest opinion.

Damn, cool stuff - phenomenal series. If I'd be allowed to pick 3 of the, that would be these:
web_2016 06 17_Olga materiales_La Muela_PacoVillalta-_FVR1062.jpg
web_2016 06 17_Olga materiales_La Muela_PacoVillalta-_FVR1201.jpg
web_2016 06 17_Olga materiales_La Muela_PacoVillalta-_FVR1603.jpg

web_2016 06 17_Olga materiales_La Muela_PacoVillalta-_FVR1829.jpg (needs the context of the others for the background field due to the subtle scratches on her skin visible)
and, well
web_2016 06 17_Olga materiales_La Muela_PacoVillalta-_FVR1857.jpg

(That would be according to the well known 'The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy', a trilogy in 4 volumes coming along in 5 books)

Thanks Thomas!
   Nice three picks of four images in five photos!!! :) 1857 is special for me. A surprise. It actually modifies the light making my first statement a little lie...

Very very interesting & creative Paco. I like all the photos - each one of them has unique appeal.
Thanks Anirban, I´m happy you enjoy the diversity as well.

Tom Hook

• Tom
  • NG Member
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 23:48:10 »
Bubblewrap, tinfoil and swimming glasses enwrapping an attractive model, what's not to like?

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 02:24:42 »
Maravillosa serie!

my favorites , if I may choose, are the first three, nice positioning of the model vs the sun, her forms, the colors , magnificent images !
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 15:53:22 »
Bubblewrap, tinfoil and swimming glasses enwrapping an attractive model, what's not to like?
  Thats the idea :) Thanks Tom

Maravillosa serie!

my favorites , if I may choose, are the first three, nice positioning of the model vs the sun, her forms, the colors , magnificent images !

Muchas gracias Armando,

you may choose! I hope one day we can do a photo-shoot together.