Author Topic: NG Scotland 2016  (Read 94758 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: NG Scotland 2016
« Reply #390 on: May 18, 2016, 10:43:17 »
I am only just beginning to sort through my pictures (>6000 clicks ~250GB). Some random picks from The Ben Lawer hillclimb on day #1:

1) translucence in fog
2) rocks in shallow DOF
3) "view of half the planet"
4) one of these rocks
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #391 on: May 18, 2016, 14:19:14 »
Francis, great photo and I am glad you have recovered enough to be able to create it!

Thanks for kind words, Anthony !

And a big thanks to Aleksandra who gave me painkillers until I went to see a doctor. (what a doctor, men !) :-* :-* :-*

By the way, I guess that some males inhabitants of Killin should be ill more than normal...Dave knows what I mean !

Kilchurn castle old fashion...
Francis Devrainne

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #392 on: May 18, 2016, 15:06:11 »
10 Scotch castles part two (this time I added some post production, not only a BW-conversion as in part one)
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Mikes

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #393 on: May 18, 2016, 20:36:13 »
I finally got back to Tokyo today after a few days of recuperation in London, feasting on antibiotics and antihistamines. I hasten to add that the need for antibiotics was NOT food based.

Such wonderful and diverse images here - a fascinating range of perspectives on the scenery of Killin and its environs.

Many thanks to Dave for the effort he put into organising the event and the weather, and then keeping on eye on things each day. He was a brave man to take on the project.

Here are some images from my (unfortunately) limited time in and around Killin - such a beautiful place.

1) The Falls of Dochart from under the bridge
2) Beautiful tree near the Finlarig Castle ruins
3) A take on the ruin of Finlarig Castle
4) From a walk in the Cuildochart Forest on Loch Tay
5+6) Early morning shots at the head of the loch on Friday - I didn't actually get to see the sun, despite getting there at 4.30.  :(
Mike Selby - Sydney

David Paterson

• NG Member
  • Retired, but not tired, photographer
« Reply #394 on: May 18, 2016, 21:45:05 »
Nice set, Mike - I particularly like the b/w castle shot - good thinking. It's a real shame your week was so messed around; and a week was short enough to begin with.

There will just have to be another "next time".

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #395 on: May 19, 2016, 01:27:29 »
Frank, you are not just prolific, but so inspired.

Mike, hope you feel much better now.  Despite your your health problem, your set definitely reflect your own photography style which I like and appreciate.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #396 on: May 19, 2016, 04:05:28 »
Thank you, Akira, for your nice words!

I am far from only having seen all the shots I produced. Just got rid of all BIF images that were technically sub par, next step will be to delete all that are a not interesting expression wise

Mikes

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #397 on: May 19, 2016, 07:07:56 »
Nice set, Mike - I particularly like the b/w castle shot - good thinking. It's a real shame your week was so messed around; and a week was short enough to begin with.

There will just have to be another "next time".

Thanks, Dave. Agreed, though it will be hard to beat Killin as a location. Maybe Japan, when you are here next.   ;)

Mike, hope you feel much better now.  Despite your your health problem, your set definitely reflect your own photography style which I like and appreciate.

Thank you, Akira for your kind comments. I am on the mend now, but still house-bound.  :(
Mike Selby - Sydney

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #398 on: May 19, 2016, 09:40:47 »
Mike. DSC1533 continues to intrigue me. It looks a bit like a refined piece of Confiserie yet it is clear it is a fern
of some kind still enrolled possibly in an infant state. This issomething else. Great to have met you in person.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #399 on: May 19, 2016, 10:10:03 »
Francis cut the meat professionally and arranged it on the plates. Did someone take a shot of the table / food / people on table?

I think I saw a camera or two there....

simsurace

• NG Member
« Reply #400 on: May 19, 2016, 10:20:33 »
I did not, but I have a photo of the two chefs:

Simone Carlo Surace
suracephoto.com

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #401 on: May 19, 2016, 13:39:23 »
Thank you Simone for this wonderful memory of a great day!

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #402 on: May 19, 2016, 17:51:00 »
from there comes the light

Thomas Stellwag

Mikes

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #403 on: May 19, 2016, 18:54:36 »
Mike. DSC1533 continues to intrigue me. It looks a bit like a refined piece of Confiserie yet it is clear it is a fern
of some kind still enrolled possibly in an infant state. This issomething else. Great to have met you in person.

Great to have met you, too. Frank. I recognized you there in an instant!

Thanks for your comments - yes, it was an infant fern, just born.

And thanks for your determination and ability to produce a memorable dinner in a less than ideal chef's working environment. Fun night!
Mike Selby - Sydney

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #404 on: May 19, 2016, 20:41:28 »
Mike, you have shown us all that you are a great landscape photographer. I really enjoyed your series of photos. Meeting you was also a pleasure :)

Simone, what a beautiful portrait of the chefs ;)

On our way from Loch Ness to our base in Killin, we stopped for a while and Bjørn generously allowed me to try out the 15/3.5.
I am not sure what the purple colors are on my pullover, flare, fringing, aberrations but I wasn't impressed when I saw it...

Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen