Author Topic: Super-Speed, F1.2 and Faster.  (Read 33425 times)

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
Re: Super-Speed, F1.2 and Faster.
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2016, 00:36:37 »
Superb Tervueren !

I had two. One of them looked like yours! ;)

Below, just got this fast lens in France. No information about it on line. I just know the maker is an American company (FJW Industries INC).

50mm f/0.75.

I don't know yet how to convert it in F mount... :) Will be trickier than the heligon, I guess.

You cannot, well at least not very useful on a Nikon. A mirrorless camera would be the way to go, as they have a much shorter distance mount to sensor. This lens looks exactly like my De Oude Delft and Zeiss jena 0.75/50mm I had, both with very short back focal length of just a few millimeter. I had my mechanic make a thin adapter plate with a large female thread fitting the lens and a M42 male thread on his lathe, which could be screwed onto the outer large diameter thread of that lens. Then added a very thin M42 helicoid to it with rear camera mount fitting my LUMIX camera. Not difficult actually. And worked well for close up shots.

The lens:

(C) oldlens.com
formerly known as kds315

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2016, 11:46:38 »
Bjørn, Dr Klaus, thanks for these useful informations !

I will bring it to Killin anyway, along with my Proxxon tools (minidrill, stand + vice and lighted magnifier), so, to help all butchery sessions... ;D

Below, a little Daisy with the Heligon (unknown focal/aperture)
Francis Devrainne

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2016, 11:49:49 »
Dog and woman looking at each other is a fantastic shot with some wonderful bokeh!!

+1 - that's a stunning photo and wow, that bokeh!
Jørgen Ramskov

the solitaire

• NG Member
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2016, 12:04:26 »
+1 - that's a stunning photo and wow, that bokeh!

Thank you Jørgen. I did own a few 50mm f1,4 lenses but the 55mm f1,2 Nikkor-S.C really was an eye opener as to what makes super fast lenses so fascinating for creative use.

Oh, and I should not take all the credit for this photo. Editing was done by the model/my girlfriend. Kristina

The only other lenses that produce bokeh of a quality comparable as to what this lens has to offer are the 105mm f2,5 Nikkor-P in the older Sonnar optical design and the 5cm f2 Nikkor-S. They do not qualify for this thread but I had some excellent results with those lenses as well.

I use most of my lenses wide open most of the time. Main reason for that is that most all of the Nikkors have straight aperture blades and a limited quantity of them too. This really makes stopping down lenses into somewhat of a compromise. Fortunately all the Nikkor lenses I tried perform marvelously wide open as well.
Buddy

rosko

• NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2016, 18:18:18 »
Blue bell flower token with that combo : http://nikongear.net/revival/index.php/topic,2990.msg51153.html#new

Nikkor O 55mm f1.2 + Sony nex 5 + 36mm close-up ring.

Francis Devrainne

the solitaire

• NG Member
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2016, 12:23:51 »
Francis, nice photo.

Apologies, I saw you use another Nikkor-O lens. Interesting adapting method to the Sony NEX.
Buddy

rosko

• NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2016, 15:20:39 »
Thanks, Buddy !

These Nikkor lenses are completely different :

# different shape;

# different optics;

#different mount;

# dedicated for different use.

No focussing ring on the Nikkor O (CRT). ;)

The only things they share are the max. aperture and focal lenght.
Francis Devrainne

the solitaire

• NG Member
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2016, 17:12:00 »
Did you investigate the option to include a focus helicoid in the Nikon F to Sony NEX converter? Having some means to focus other then moving the camera or adding tubes would make th elens far more flexible.
Buddy

rosko

• NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2016, 18:18:17 »
Did you investigate the option to include a focus helicoid in the Nikon F to Sony NEX converter? Having some means to focus other then moving the camera or adding tubes would make th elens far more flexible.

I did think about it. I have, indeed, to buy an helicoid. More easy than using any device such as stacked close up rings or below.

A focusing rail helps.
Francis Devrainne

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2016, 12:08:46 »
HAW_4837 by mrBabaero, on Flickr
 very painterly :o :o :o

we have tried so hard to achieve this in rendering softwares yet the 50 1.2 does it effortlessly