Author Topic: Edit Challenge #11 Radio tower Haren  (Read 7456 times)

PeterN

• NG Member
Re: Edit Challenge #11 Radio tower Haren
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2015, 16:42:07 »
PeterN: I do not recognize the NEF in your edit.

That's what happens when I do an edit of an edit of an edit. ;-)

A remark was made that my earlier interpretation looked too "clean" for Fons (said with a smile) so I thought to make it more extravagant as an experiment. But I guess you're right. The top of the tower is the only thing that I recognize. If you think it's a bit too much, I agree. But I sometimes get fascinated by the possibilities of today's tools.

BTW: I did not know that it is mandatory to recognize the original photo. I will remove it
Peter

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2015, 02:43:10 »

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2015, 09:27:52 »
That's what happens when I do an edit of an edit of an edit. ;-)

A remark was made that my earlier interpretation looked too "clean" for Fons (said with a smile) so I thought to make it more extravagant as an experiment. But I guess you're right. The top of the tower is the only thing that I recognize. If you think it's a bit too much, I agree. But I sometimes get fascinated by the possibilities of today's tools.

BTW: I did not know that it is mandatory to recognize the original photo. I will remove it
I don't think there are any firm rules in regards to the edits presented :)
Jørgen Ramskov

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2015, 10:07:12 »
Correction: the original RAW file is a starting point for any subsequent interpretation ....

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2015, 10:12:48 »
Correction: the original RAW file is a starting point for any subsequent interpretation ....

So what does "starting point" mean: could the scene'object/subject look totally different or should it be recognizable? Is an edit of an edit allowed or not allowed (eg in my example, I changed the perspective, dramazitzed it and neonized it via a LR plugin; in the second one I took that result and modified that one further via LR plugins).

BTW: I am just trying to learn from this to prevent mistakes on my side! I am glad that Frank triggered me.
Peter

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2015, 10:20:42 »
The RAW file delivers material for your own imagination and future processing. It's futile to make any constraints as these invariably will be exceeded one way or other, by one or several of the users involved.

It is worth keeping in mind that utilising and exploring the potential of a RAW file needn't be confined to these Edit Challenges - you can do likewise with captures of your own making :D

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2015, 11:22:59 »
I was able to make the invisible visible. ;-)

Peter Nievaart has won this challenge with his interpration of the radiotower, congrats Peter

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2015, 15:11:19 »
Thank you, Fons. Also for organizing the challenge.

I really liked your photo and the potential it offers for creative edits. I will look in the archives to find a new one.
Peter

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2015, 18:35:47 »
great choice of inspiring work. Thank you Fons for the great file to work with!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/