Author Topic: Autumn colors after sunset in Aletsch region, Switzerland  (Read 1266 times)

simsurace

• NG Member
Autumn colors after sunset in Aletsch region, Switzerland
« on: October 21, 2015, 23:42:48 »
Peak autumn colors of larches (Larix decidua) in front of the rocks which were shaped by the Aletsch glacier, the largest glacier of the Alps and famous due to its status as a UNESCO heritage site, and its side glaciers. They have all retreated by a few kilometers within the last 200 years. The forest has been under protection since 1933 and is largely made up by Swiss Pine (Pinus cembra) and the aforementioned deciduous tree. The peaks we are facing are over all over 3000 meters high.

This was shot as a two image stitch with the 20/1.8 at f/16.
Simone Carlo Surace
suracephoto.com

simsurace

• NG Member
Re: Autumn colors after sunset in Aletsch region, Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 14:10:13 »
Walking back to the village while it was getting dark and deer were roaring in the trees. The majestic Swiss Pines can sometimes grow at elevations of 2800 meters (9200 feet) above sea level.

Simone Carlo Surace
suracephoto.com

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 16:04:11 »
Beautiful images Simone. Reminded me of autumn colors of Minnesota, USA. I truly miss them. Now I live in a city where weather is almost tropical; as such there are very very few places in India where you can observer autumn colors.
Anirban Halder

simsurace

• NG Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 14:15:16 »
Beautiful images Simone. Reminded me of autumn colors of Minnesota, USA. I truly miss them. Now I live in a city where weather is almost tropical; as such there are very very few places in India where you can observer autumn colors.

Thank you! Minnesota must have a lot of red color. We don't get much deep red color here, Beech is more of a rusty red, and also Maple does not get as red as it does in the US and Canada. But the alpine fall color is truly beautiful, and along with the very clean air is ideal for getting a break from a busy life.
Simone Carlo Surace
suracephoto.com