Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
Re: Bzzzzz
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 10:19:29 »
Lovely Darrell!
Since I am not an expert on staking or studio lighting my words may not be of any importance, but I do see dark areas (shadows) underneath the body where I miss detail ;)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Darrell C

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 18:17:46 »
Well done!
Lovely Darrell!
Since I am not an expert on staking or studio lighting my words may not be of any importance, but I do see dark areas (shadows) underneath the body where I miss detail ;)
Thank you Fons and Jakov.............
Jakov thank you for your interest, I am not an expert either, I am using Nikon's macro lighting, I am still very much learning, your comments will help guide in future shots.

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 19:50:47 »
... 51 stacked

So i guess this is a staged shot  :)

In that case, you could use a bounce card to lighten up the underside of the bee a bit. A white piece of paper will do. Give it some tries to find the angle in which to hold the card and the distance to the subject for the desired illumination (or rather: bounce).

I like the shot, but also find too little separation of the bee from the background. That causes the image to lose the effect of the focus stacking quite a bit (IMHO).
Hans Cremers

Darrell C

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 00:39:05 »
So i guess this is a staged shot  :)

In that case, you could use a bounce card to lighten up the underside of the bee a bit. A white piece of paper will do. Give it some tries to find the angle in which to hold the card and the distance to the subject for the desired illumination (or rather: bounce).

I like the shot, but also find too little separation of the bee from the background. That causes the image to lose the effect of the focus stacking quite a bit (IMHO).
Thanks, and of course.
cheers