Author Topic: [Theme] b&w's  (Read 207059 times)

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
Re: [Theme] b&w's
« Reply #810 on: December 27, 2019, 07:12:44 »
Francis, nice Street image.  Surprised no one walking while on their mobile phone.   I suddenly have quite a few 50 mm lenses including VM Nocton 50 1.5 and ZM C Sonnar 50 1.5.  Two very different lenses.  I have had buyers for both for some time but could never make up my mind which to sell.   I also have Loxia 50 f2 and now the 50 1.8S.  I also have several Nikon 50mm and the 58 1.4G.   Need to get some gear funds for potential 70-200 2.8S or a future 105 mm f? S.

Which adapter are you using for your Leica?  I'm pretty happy with the Kipon dumb adapter on the Z6.
Cheers,
Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #811 on: December 27, 2019, 15:47:35 »
Francis, nice Street image. 

Thanks, Tom !

My LM/Z adaptor (no name) comes from retro photographic on ebay UK at the price of £25.95. Probably a Chinese one but sent from UK, so I didn't wait for ages to get it. I am happy with it : well machined and sturdy.

I recently bought a leica R/Z Pixco adaptor, but no so happy with it, as it has slight play in both sides. ???
Francis Devrainne

JJChan

• JJ Chan
  • NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #812 on: December 27, 2019, 16:34:54 »
Francis, nice Street image.  Surprised no one walking while on their mobile phone.   I suddenly have quite a few 50 mm lenses including VM Nocton 50 1.5 and ZM C Sonnar 50 1.5.  Two very different lenses.  I have had buyers for both for some time but could never make up my mind which to sell.   I also have Loxia 50 f2 and now the 50 1.8S.  I also have several Nikon 50mm and the 58 1.4G.   Need to get some gear funds for potential 70-200 2.8S or a future 105 mm f? S.

Which adapter are you using for your Leica?  I'm pretty happy with the Kipon dumb adapter on the Z6.
Cheers,
Tom

Tom - had the Zeiss Sonnar ZM which I sold after using friends APO-Summicron. Was saving up for this but in meantime have been very impressed by the 50 1.8S so much so that I’m probably not going to get any other 50s.

I’ve got 3 Leica adaptors - Novoflex, K+F - cheaper but actually beautifully machined, and Yeenon, a version of the Shoten close focus adaptor. If I had to choose one, I’d go the close focus adaptor.

JJ

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #813 on: December 28, 2019, 00:36:34 »

Jacques, this is amazing.  Looks like Cutty Sark!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #814 on: December 28, 2019, 00:37:48 »

Cheers,
Tom

I suspect the Loxia 35/2.0 and 50/2.0 uses the same optics as ZM siblings...

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #815 on: December 28, 2019, 04:22:05 »
Thanks, Tom !

My LM/Z adaptor (no name) comes from retro photographic on ebay UK at the price of £25.95. Probably a Chinese one but sent from UK, so I didn't wait for ages to get it. I am happy with it : well machined and sturdy.

I recently bought a leica R/Z Pixco adaptor, but no so happy with it, as it has slight play in both sides. ???
Thanks Francis,  I have had very bad results using two different Pixco adapters.  The Kipon is working well,  JJ's mention of the Yeenon, a version of the Shoten close focus adaptor caught me by surprise.  I have the VM Close Focus and Shoton Close Focus adapters for LM-Sony E.   Will have to take a look.  Was waiting for a VM -NZ bit the Shoton is a good adapter.   Thanks JJ  :) .  I also recommend the K&F Concept to young photogs on a budget.  I have one setting in front of me for LM-FX which my wife picked up in the UK for one of the young guys to use some of my lenses on his XT-3.
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #816 on: December 28, 2019, 04:46:46 »
Tom - had the Zeiss Sonnar ZM which I sold after using friends APO-Summicron. Was saving up for this but in meantime have been very impressed by the 50 1.8S so much so that I’m probably not going to get any other 50s.

I’ve got 3 Leica adaptors - Novoflex, K+F - cheaper but actually beautifully machined, and Yeenon, a version of the Shoten close focus adaptor. If I had to choose one, I’d go the close focus adaptor.

JJ
I will probably keep either the ZM or VM 50 1.5.  I can use either with the Techart for AF on Sony bodies.   I have to make decisions over the weekend on quite a few lenses. I now have 6 people waiting for images and prices on all.  The only one's I think are safe are the VM 35 Ultron 1.7, Summarit 75 2.5, ZM 85 Tele-Tessar f4 and the VM 15 4.5 III.   I would really like to see a smallish, native S 180 or 200 for the Z.   I really do not need anything and the only hint of GAS/NAS is the rumoured D780.   Finding a Cron 50 in India (other than new from Leica) is very problematic  ;) .
All the best,
Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #817 on: December 28, 2019, 16:49:48 »
In the street. (the Hag 2019)

Leica summarit 50mm f/1,5 on Z6.
I remember you taking it. Nice one.
Bruno Schröder

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #818 on: December 28, 2019, 17:45:31 »
Merci, Bruno ! ;)
Francis Devrainne

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #819 on: December 29, 2019, 18:49:31 »
heron
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #820 on: December 29, 2019, 21:04:31 »
heron

Looks like an ink painting which I love.  The darkening gradient towards the left corner is nicely in balance with the heron on the branch.

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #821 on: January 21, 2020, 05:15:01 »
Armando, I really like the simplicity and starkness.
many thanks for posting
Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #822 on: January 21, 2020, 05:20:46 »
From Sunday's Event.  Friend of my son's put on a Dancing Show for all of the old folk  :) .   I had lots of time to play with shutter speeds.  This is with a7iii, Batis 85 at f1.8, 1/80.   1/640 seemed to be the sweet spot but all depended on tempo of the music so sometimes went to 1/1000.  Trying to get blur on the hair and face sharp.   Good fun  ;D    A Zillion ways to PP.

Tom Hardin, Goa, India

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #823 on: January 21, 2020, 07:49:28 »
Wow this thread is full of amazing images! Thanks ;)
Erik Lund

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #824 on: January 21, 2020, 16:40:10 »
Looks like an ink painting which I love.  The darkening gradient towards the left corner is nicely in balance with the heron on the branch.
I'm with Akira and Tom. Delicate and ink like image. Elegant. Calm.

Thanks for sharing!