Author Topic: [Theme] Your best unsharp photo  (Read 166094 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: [Theme] Your best unsharp photo
« Reply #480 on: October 21, 2016, 08:51:18 »
Oncidium.  D750 and an AF-D 50/1.4 derivative enigmatic lens with no aperture or focusing mechanism.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #481 on: October 21, 2016, 09:43:22 »
Pure art ;)

I like the bleeding of the reds very much,,,
Erik Lund

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #482 on: October 21, 2016, 09:43:51 »
From now on I am only going to shoot with derivative enigmatic lenses with no aperture or focusing mechanisms ;)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #483 on: October 21, 2016, 11:02:34 »
Akira, beautiful!
Anthony Macaulay

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #484 on: October 21, 2016, 11:47:43 »
Wow Akira, very successful shot! Not easy is an understatement. Well balance, punchy, enigmatic. Works very well.

Care a couple or words about your lens? I´m interested too, like Jakov. Or more... :)

Tom Hook

• Tom
  • NG Member
« Reply #485 on: October 21, 2016, 22:06:23 »
Ursus americanus americanus

Taken in our front yard an hour or so ago. First time I could ever get any pictures at all of our neighborhood bear. It was running fast into the nearby woods on a rainy day.

Both are out of focus, but I'm thrilled!

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #486 on: October 21, 2016, 22:27:20 »
The motion blur is great in the second shot!
I would love to have a backyard friend like that;)
Erik Lund

BW

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Børge Wahl-Photography
« Reply #487 on: October 21, 2016, 22:37:33 »
A nice bear, well suited for an unsharp picture. Does the little fellow have eartags?

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #488 on: October 22, 2016, 10:55:10 »
Tom, super action images. They wouldn't have worked as good had they been sharp :)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #489 on: October 22, 2016, 17:05:05 »
Erik, Jakov, Anthony and Paco, thanks for kind comments.

I thought I had post a thread about the enigmatic lens here, but apparently that was on another site...  I posted another Oncidium image and a couple of images of the enigmatic lens here.

http://nikongear.net/revival/index.php/topic,2413.msg29770.html#msg29770

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #490 on: October 22, 2016, 17:07:15 »

Taken in our front yard an hour or so ago. First time I could ever get any pictures at all of our neighborhood bear. It was running fast into the nearby woods on a rainy day.

Tom, that should be very dangerous.  Your images convey your thrill really well.  Great documentary images.

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #491 on: October 22, 2016, 17:41:18 »

I think I am coming to visit...
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #492 on: October 22, 2016, 23:53:06 »
I thought I had post a thread about the enigmatic lens here, but apparently that was on another site...  I posted another Oncidium image and a couple of images of the enigmatic lens here.

http://nikongear.net/revival/index.php/topic,2413.msg29770.html#msg29770
Thanks for the link, Akira.  I missed that one.  Gorgeous effect by this 'unnamed' lens.

That bear tells somehow a story. Looks earcuffed in the last shot, and has a kind of sock?  ;)

Tom Hook

• Tom
  • NG Member
« Reply #493 on: October 24, 2016, 02:15:54 »
Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed the pictures. Sorry not to have responded earlier but I only just now figured out how to get back online after the hack (thanks for your help Erik).

It is thrilling to see the bear. This is my third sighting of a bear in our yard in 13 years so they are not animals you just sit around and wait for them to arrive. In this instance, I was sitting downstairs in my house next to a window and out of the corner of my eye, I sensed movement, looked left and the bear was walking past less than ten feet away. I rushed to grab a camera to get a shot and took these from our front porch as it came out of our garage. The average weight of these guys is 300 pounds and seeing him up close impressed me with the solid immensity of his bulk. From tail to nose he seemed at least six feet long as he shambled by.

Erik: they are great neighbors as they are very shy around humans. My only fear was when my thirty pound dog raced out the door and chased him into the woods. I ran after Reggie (my dog) fearing that if he got too close the bear would swat him with his nasty claws. Reg had the good sense to stop when he heard my furious and fearful command for him to "come"!

Borge: The bear has been tagged in both ears perhaps because he's been trapped and marked to track him and more than once at that.

Jakov: I agree with the effectiveness of the unsharp quality of the shots. I didn't plan it that way...

Akira: These bears would only be dangerous if you came upon them with their cubs. Otherwise they want nothing to do with humans.

Elsa: We also have the rare Moose, Fisher Cat and more often, Bobcats. I've never seen the moose I should add but they have passed through the neighborhood. If you came to visit you might see deer, turkey, squirrels and chipmunks but probably none of the more exotic species. You're welcome anyway!

John: The sock is actually an oak leaf he kicked up, it took me a while to figure that one out!

In closing, this is a nice sharp picture of why the bear came to visit. The can is where we leave our birdseed for our feeders:

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #494 on: October 24, 2016, 17:26:11 »

Elsa: We also have the rare Moose, Fisher Cat and more often, Bobcats. I've never seen the moose I should add but they have passed through the neighborhood. If you came to visit you might see deer, turkey, squirrels and chipmunks but probably none of the more exotic species. You're welcome anyway!

aint that murphy's law...
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za