Author Topic: Nikon Z6 III  (Read 4577 times)

Snoogly

• NG Supporter
  • Flipping the bird
Re: Nikon Z6 III
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2024, 09:38:46 »
There is some vague info about a possible upgrade of picture profiles, which hopefully would trickle down (and up) to other cameras.
Richard Hawking (not Richard Haw!), in Tokyo

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2024, 11:01:08 »
Those picture controls can be applied in post for other cameras in the latest NX Studio version, try the Flexible Picture Control that provides a lot of extra settings. It can even be applied to my D40x files.
Øivind Tøien

MILLIREHM

• NG Supporter
  • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2024, 21:57:35 »
Had the opportunity to briefly attend a hands-on presentation of the Z6III today. The viewfinder (which is imho the most remarkable feature of this camera) appears to be a significant improvement over what we had up to now - the daylight gap to SLR is at least smaller now.
Wolfgang Rehm

Macro_Cosmos

• NG Member
    • Flickr
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2024, 17:18:10 »
Yeah, it was disappointing.

I picked up a used Z8 for $200 more than the retail price of the Z6 III.
It included a couple of Cfe cards an SD card and an FTZ, all of which I will just sell, this will push the price of the Z8 to below that of a new Z6 III.

I have been using a Z6 for quite some time.  The upgrade is significant but feels like nothing for my work, I will even bet that in the realms of read noise for low light stills, the partially stacked sensor will be worse than the old Z6.  If I wanted that, I might as well get a Z8 with the stacked sensor.  I can downsample my fluorescence microscopy images for similar results, and reap the benefits of 45Mpix for lower magnifications.

:-\
5 years for this. 

As for the image I posted, someone sent it to me.  They also sent it to Nikon Rumours.
Photomicrography gallery: Instagram
Blog: Diatoms Australia
Andor Zyla 5.5 sCMOS | Hamamatsu ORCA-Flash V3 | Nikon Z6 | Olympus Microscope

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2024, 11:32:12 »
For me the form factor alone was deceive enough to choose the Z8 over the Z6 III camera, with large hands it's quite obvious  ;)
But, I am looking forward to try Z6 III out to see the difference in the viewfinder to Z8 and Z9.
Erik Lund

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2024, 09:59:52 »
Morten Hilmer took it out in the field:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW68q7iJ130
Seems to be pretty horse-proof (23:30)  ;D
Øivind Tøien